2012 London Olympics Live on FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

derint

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 30, 2008
Is any body aware of any FTA channel that will carry the 2012 Olympics live on Tv.
No network in the US carries olympics live. NBC is all about recorded or delayed transmission.

The BIG upside to FTA is that we have G19 (97 West) and all of the International Broadcasters on there: In 2010 FTAers were able to watch the Opening Ceremonies live on channels from the Middle East and Africa, long before they aired on NBC. This will probably be happening again: I see that TeleSur is on the list of channels that are carrying the game. Expect others to follow suit.

Also, many of the specific games were found via blind scanning. In 2010 both Hockey and Curling were all over the Dish (often in S2 in HD!) from Canada. It made for a far better Olympic Experience.

The BIG upside to FTA is that we have G19 (97 West) and all of the International Broadcasters on there: In 2010 FTAers were able to watch the Opening Ceremonies live on channels from the Middle East and Africa, long before they aired on NBC. This will probably be happening again: I see that TeleSur is on the list of channels that are carrying the game. Expect others to follow suit.

Also, many of the specific games were found via blind scanning. In 2010 both Hockey and Curling were all over the Dish (often in S2 in HD!) from Canada. It made for a far better Olympic Experience.

I don't even expect that many sports specific feed here in the UK many fibre paths will be put into use, I expect to see reports and maybe international channels uplinked for the Olympic village, all accounts ABC and NBC HD has appeared already rumoured to be for the village early but encrypted.

For the Torino games I got both CBLT and CBFT, Network Seven from Oz and NBC.

Status
Please reply by conversation.