2015 FIFA Women´s World Cup - Canada

Agreed,
I understand he sang the goool ¡¡¡ for 38 seconds, but I couldn´t find a video with that, the video in the link above is only 20 seconds long.

He does not have the "pipes" he use to have. He is what I wish Dick Vitale COULD HAVE been. Cantor's shtick and ONLY shtick is his "GOOAAAL" chant. He has an amazing analytical mind for the game and tempo an give spot on analysis .

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/06/livin...-uphill-struggle-equal-recognition/index.html

Hilarious. The articles writer talks about how women's soccer is overshadowed by it's male counterpart, not mentioning how the men's version is overshadowed by every other sport in the US.
And uses the Cup win to argue the women should be paid more.

Sorry, but women's soccer is going back into irrevlevancy for the next 4 years, and that's why they don't get paid more. The players pay is directly proportional to the number of people that actually watch.

Maybe team USA will win the gold medal next year at the Olympics, again, just like they did at the 2012 London Olympics beating Japan.

Sounds like the final USA vs Japan, is becoming a regular thing.
That was the final in the 2011 World Cup, then again at the 2012 Olympics, then also this year at the World Cup.

It would be nice to have them girls win the gold next year at the Rio Olympics :wink

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/06/livin...-uphill-struggle-equal-recognition/index.html

Hilarious. The articles writer talks about how women's soccer is overshadowed by it's male counterpart, not mentioning how the men's version is overshadowed by every other sport in the US.
And uses the Cup win to argue the women should be paid more.

Sorry, but women's soccer is going back into irrevlevancy for the next 4 years, and that's why they don't get paid more. The players pay is directly proportional to the number of people that actually watch.

That happens with women's soccer because their is no real professional leagues. If you look at the men's, you have La Liga in Spain, English Premier in GB, Ukrainian Premier and Bumdesliga. In these leagues, you show case the best players in the world on a individual level. The women do not have that.

I think this sport is worlds apart when it comes to differentiate men´s and women´s leagues,

Anyway, when I was watching the games, I did a little search on Anja Mittag from Germany, and I read she plays in the Swedish league, which is considered one of the best women´s professional football leagues (remember it´s called football in that part of the world)..

BTW the famous Marta from Brazil has also signed with the same Swedish team, where Mittag plays, that is the FC Rosengard.

I think this sport is worlds apart when it comes to differentiate men´s and women´s leagues
Also, the skill level between the women and the men is miles apart. You see this in both soccer and basketball.
People go to see great skill and play. And as long as the skill level in the men's version far surpasses the women's, then the more people will watch the men which translates to higher salaries for the men over the women.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)