2016 NCAA football discussion thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'd say they are on track for at least the next several as well.. you have 5-6 teams now in the ACC that are at the top like Clemson, LV, FSU, VT, UNC and Miami
At the top? You've got Clemson at the top, then a drop off to FSU and Louisville.

Then a bigger drop off to VA tech and Miami.

Then an even larger one to UNC.

They will likely be competitive with the other power conferences the next several years but I do not see them set up any more than any other conference. Clemson alone, which is by far the best team of the bunch will likely have a significant drop off unless they have another stud in waiting at QB.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Reactions: mccoyrj and Jimbo
I'd say they are on track for at least the next several as well.. you have 5-6 teams now in the ACC that are at the top like Clemson, LV, FSU, VT, UNC and Miami
Lets see where LV is when the QB moves on ....
I look at Clemson being there and Florida State, the rest are not ones that are there on a regular basis.
Much like the SEC, you have a few teams that are there regularly and the rest more or less rotate.

At the top? You've got Clemson at the top, then a drop off to FSU and Louisville.

Then a bigger drop off to VA tech and Miami.

Then an even larger one to UNC.

They will likely be competitive with the other power conferences the next several years but I do not see them set up any more than any other conference. Clemson alone, which is by far the best team of the bunch will likely have a significant drop off unless they have another stud in waiting at QB.

Lol really? Clemson at the top, VT was one play away at taking Clemson's playoff spot, FSU would be behind VT no matter what they were as they were NOT the ACC Runner up. LV just started to suck towards the end...nope not close to VT either regardless of their overhyped Heisman winner.

Wait.. didn't VT at least score against Clemson.. lol ya and lots more than 0 points.
I'd say next year with current players coming back as with ESPN and SI stating that FSU and VT are at the top when the season begins.

Lol really? Clemson at the top, VT was one play away at taking Clemson's playoff spot,

No, no they were not. Had Va tech perhaps won that game, they were not even in the playoff committee top 20 when it was played. You honestly think they would have jumped them into the top 4 based on the title game?
What likely would have happened is we would have ended up with two big 10 teams, or Oklahoma. Tech would not have sniffed the playoffs based on several failures during the regular season, like losing to the last placed team in the Atlantic division of the ACC.

Just like Florida would not have been remotely in the discussion by upsetting Alabama.

FSU would be behind VT no matter what they were as they were NOT the ACC Runner up

In the selection committee poll, apparently that did not matter, as FSU was ranked above Tech, even without winning a division.

. LV just started to suck towards the end...nope not close to VT either regardless of their overhyped Heisman winner.
Louisville did drop off at the end, I do agree with that, I mean hell they even lost to Kentucky, so it is possible tech would have beat them head to head at that point. Any other point in the season though and they would have run the hokies off the field.

Wait.. didn't VT at least score against Clemson.. lol ya and lots more than 0 points.

Ok? is this a dig at OSU?

I'd say next year with current players coming back as with ESPN and SI stating that FSU and VT are at the top when the season begins.

Never know, they could be a better team next season. Just have to watch those losses during the regular season to get their shot.

Reactions: mccoyrj and Jimbo
Lol had to blame it on Bo going out a little huh....
It did make an impact on the game, and should have been mentioned. But I didn't see him blaming the loss on Bo. If anything he blamed the Sportscaster for picking Alabama and thus jinxing them.

The tribute to Dabo for winning at the end was the definition of class. Might want to learn something from it.

Reactions: mccoyrj
I was a lot of articles about Clemson upsetting Bama ...
I am not sure why they consider it an upset.
I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't.

No disrespect to Clemson intended after the fact, but I doubt Bama wouldn't have been most everyone's top pick to win it all no matter who they would have played. And honestly they probably would again.

I know Vegas lost a ton.

I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't.

No disrespect to Clemson intended after the fact, but I doubt Bama wouldn't have been most everyone's top pick to win it all no matter who they would have played. And honestly they probably would again.

I know Vegas lost a ton.

I figured it would be a good close game from the start ... if thats the case, I don't see it being an upset.

Curious, what was the point spread ?

I know Vegas lost a ton.
Did they?

The point spread is set at a point that bets are even, which allows Vegas to break even on win/loss, but make money on the house portion of the bets.

The spread isn't set at where Vegas thinks a team will win by, but at a point that bets are even for & against.

Reactions: Jimbo
Did they?

The point spread is set at a point that bets are even, which allows Vegas to break even on win/loss, but make money on the house portion of the bets.

The spread isn't set at where Vegas thinks a team will win by, but at a point that bets are even for & against.
Yeah. I read the story yesterday. Let me see if I can find it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

You know, I would have assumed he meant taking "away" their spot, but then I remembered the conference champion should be in over stuff, so idk.

That makes me think he wants VA tech in over Clemson by virtue of the game.

That makes me think he wants VA tech in over Clemson by virtue of the game.
He wants them in over a bunch of other teams with better records and rankings by virtue of one game.

You were right though, VPI had as much a chance to get in as Florida if they had beaten Alabama, aka none.

If Clempson had lost, then Penn St. would have gotten the slot.
Oklahoma would likely have been next in line after that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)