2016 NCAA football discussion thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You know, I would have assumed he meant taking "away" their spot, but then I remembered the conference champion should be in over stuff, so idk.

That makes me think he wants VA tech in over Clemson by virtue of the game.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Naw I was just stating that VT took Clemson down to the wire and was one play away from taking them out of the playoff.
At least they scored on Clemson too :p

FYI to anyone going to Bama FSU 9/2 2017.

Dragon Con is going on that weekend so dwtn hotels are booked up mostly, Ga Tech plays Tenn Mon night at the same stadium, and I think there may be a braves game. Long story short, book now. I grabbed the Hyatt Place in buckhead for a good rate, no deposit and its 0.4 miles from Buckheads Marta station.

Dragon Con is going on that weekend so dwtn hotels are booked up mostly, Ga Tech plays Tenn Mon night at the same stadium, and I think there may be a braves game. Long story short, book now. I grabbed the Hyatt Place in buckhead for a good rate, no deposit and its 0.4 miles from Buckheads Marta station.

Tell me about it. I usually take the kids to DragonCon (and a Tech game if we're playing at home). No hotels avail in downtown, and parking is a major @$&@$.

I usually wind up parking at the Lakewood/Ft. Mac lot and taking Marta into town (parking is free in many of the Marta lots outside the city)..

Hotels in midtown (by GT usually have some vacancies, not cheap though.
Thought about staying in town one year for DragonCon, but after pricing it, we just drive up from Chateau de Derwin0. :D

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: gadgtfreek
Yeah, dwtn pricing sucks. I stayed at the team hotel for the Chick Fil A Bowl vs Houston, but no way.

I got the Hyatt Place (4 adults 2 dbl beds 2 nights) for $588. Can't complain and we can roll on the Marta. Ive learned Uber is useless after large events.

The good thing for me, is the Tech game is on Monday night (Labor Day), DragonCon usually wraps up around lunchtime on Labor Day, so it won't be a hassle going to watch us beat our forth SEC East team in a row. :D

The FSU/Alabama game being on Saturday will be a major PITA, as that's the busiest day of DragonCon. I do recommend checking out the parade on Saturday morning though, it's pretty cool. We usually get a spot near Mellow Mushroom on Ivan Alen Dr., as the parade ends near there and the crowds are much lighter than other parts of the parade route. Plus we can get lunch there after.

I went down for the VT vs Bama game several years ago and I stayed with a relative that lived there at the time - I have a few friends there now so not a big deal to stay with them. As for parking it was pretty easy then as we parked 2 blocks from the dome near an old school which I'm sure is now where the new stadium is built. Most buildings around that school as was the school were closed down and prob sold for that purpose. I didn't pay a dime to park and there was no signs saying I couldn't...my only concern was coming back and finding my vehicle up on blocks. Soon as I parked several others pulled in right behind me also looking for a spot that didn't cost you $50 which was BS. Took 10minutes to walk to the CNN center and stayed there most of the day.

Woohoo!!! Just found out my season tickets will include a tickets to the Chickfilgame on Monday night!!! :D

Go Jackets!!!

Damn, thats nice.
Yup, plus NO Thursday night home games. So the package is actually quite nice.
6 home Saturday days, and 1 Ga Dome game on Labor Day.

It's really front loaded towards the beginning of the season, 4 home games in Sept. But at least the weather will still be nice then. And I don't have any current conflicts with any of them.

All ready to get my season tickets when they go on sale tomorrow morning. :D

GA Tech Home Games.jpeg

Reactions: gadgtfreek
Ours turned out well, even if we lose to Bama we have a nice spread out season. The one part that is rough for fans will be we have the bama game in atlanta, and then the NEXT 3 weekends are home games... LOL, Ill be at four 3-day game weekends in a row. Liver transplant anyone?

Reactions: Derwin0
Ours turned out well, even if we lose to Bama we have a nice spread out season. The one part that is rough for fans will be we have the bama game in atlanta, and then the NEXT 3 weekends are home games... LOL, Ill be at four 3-day game weekends in a row. Liver transplant anyone?
Tell me about it. I'll be in Atlanta for 4 out of 5 weeks in Sept. for games.

I saw on the Chickfila game website, that all tickets are being handled by the 4 schools.
Lucky for me GT is including 1 with the season package. Probably because last years package was underwhelming, and there was a big drop off in season tickets purchased.

Be awesome to check out the new Falcons stadium during the game though. It's coming along nicely. Almost tempted to pick up tickets for the FSU/Bama game, but I'll likely be busy all weekend and burnt out from Dragoncon.

Reactions: mccoyrj

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)