2019-20 NCAA Football Thread

The game this year just didn't seem as competitive. Maybe waiting 3 months between games didn't help.

I believe this year’s game was much more competitive than last year’s. It was the two weeks plus wait after the playoffs that hurt ratings. Non team fans lost interest by then (if they ever had any), and the NFL playoffs was into its second week, drawing pro fans interest further away from college. I like Derwin’s idea of moving playoffs up and playing the championship on New Year’s Day. Big bowls will fight that though.

I believe this year’s game was much more competitive than last year’s. It was the two weeks plus wait after the playoffs that hurt ratings. Non team fans lost interest by then (if they ever had any), and the NFL playoffs was into its second week, drawing pro fans interest further away from college. I like Derwin’s idea of moving playoffs up and playing the championship on New Year’s Day. Big bowls will fight that though.
Then first half was competitive during the first half. Midway through the third qtr it got out of hand and I changed the channel.

Reactions: mccoyrj
Not with the NFL playoffs going on. They would lose all the viewers who weren't fans of the two teams playing, as everyone else will be watching the NFL.

I'd rather they move the semi-finals to an earlier date and then play the Championship game on New Years Day.
That would work too, but a BUNCH of other things would have to happen first for that to happen.

First Brady, now Aranda, and eight juniors declare for the NFL. This sucks! It’s like the 1998 Florida Marlins fire sale.
These things happen when your successful ....
Buckeyes have lost PLENTY over the last 5-10 years.

Both O Co and D Co this year ...
Vrabel and Kombs and Ash and Shiano a few years ago and others I forgot (all major parts to the team) as well as a good number of players leaving each year.
Bama and Clemson have dealt with this and most others as well, yearly.

Player wise, its common to have 5-7 players gone each year, sometimes more, think they had 9 a few years ago and 4 or 5 1st rounders ...

Typically, you'll have those that are no brainers, yes they will go pro, then you have the ones that go pro and really should have stayed another year, the number gets large, but shouldn't have been quite that many.

LSU has been thru this before, they will move on.

I blame all this on Cam Newton. He plays badly, Carolina Panthers can HC Rivera then hire Rhule from Baylor, Rhule hires Joe Brady from LSU, Baylor hires Dave Aranda from LSU.

Reactions: reubenray
I blame all this on Cam Newton. He plays badly, Carolina Panthers can HC Rivera then hire Rhule from Baylor, Rhule hires Joe Brady from LSU, Baylor hires Dave Aranda from LSU.
We can also blame Georgia ...
They are the ones that couldn't see that Justin Fields in the long run was going to be better than Jake Fromm and Fields not playing decided to leave for Ohio State, this was all after he talked with Duane Haskins, who beat out Joe Burrow for the job and more or less pushed him to transfer to LSU .... where he met a man named Brady .... and on and on it goes !!!!!!!

We can also blame Georgia ...
They are the ones that couldn't see that Justin Fields in the long run was going to be better than Jake Fromm and Fields not playing decided to leave for Ohio State, this was all after he talked with Duane Haskins, who beat out Joe Burrow for the job and more or less pushed him to transfer to LSU .... where he met a man named Brady .... and on and on it goes !!!!!!!

I believe they call that “The Butterfly Effect.”

Wonder if they have photos of it yet ?

There is. Riddell made him two. One is being put in the charity auction at the senior bowl after he signs.

4B09B72A-89DA-4EDB-885A-F41934F67E4B-42374-00001966754929C2.jpg

I like how the facemask color follows the two schools as well. White on the OU side, grey for Bama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)