2019-20 NCAA Football Thread

I agree but a lot of us Ohio State fans are cheering for Burrow too. He's a great kid. Same as Hurts.
I don’t recall the particulars of either but I think it’s how it was perceived to be handled that’s the difference.

In that, I’d hold Hurts up as THE example of how wanting playing time should be handled, and he was in a situation neither of the above were. Which is why not only Oklahoma fans are cheering for him, but Bama fans still are as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: Ronnie- and mccoyrj
I don’t recall the particulars of either but I think it’s how it was perceived to be handled that’s the difference.

In that, I’d hold Hurts up as THE example of how wanting playing time should be handled, and he was in a situation neither of the above were. Which is why not only Oklahoma fans are cheering for him, but Bama fans still are as well.
Thats no different than most of the others ...

Jalan Hurts was not going to beat out Tua, so he moved on, Ok fans root for him, your saying Bama fans are also rooting for him, thats good.
But it's no different than Burrow leaving Ohio State as he wasn't gonna beat out Haskins and moved on ... I would have liked to see Burrows and Fields on the same team though.

Most Buckeye fans are rooting for Fields (obviously) and Burrows as well.
Until it comes down to who's ranked higher, Ohio State or LSU.

Theres no animosity towards Burrows from Buckeye fans.

Reactions: Gobucks and mccoyrj
Updated Polls

AP Top 25:
1. Alabama (24) 7-0
2. LSU (16) 7-0
3. Ohio State (13) 7-0
4. Clemson (9) 7-0
5. Oklahoma
6. Penn State
7. Florida
8. Notre Dame
9. Auburn
10. Georgia 6-1
11. Oregon 6-1
12. Utah 6-1
13. Wisconsin 6-1
14. Baylor 7-0
15. Texas 5-2
16. SMU 7-0 587
17. Minnesota 7-0
18. Cincinnati 6-1
19. Michigan 5-2
20. Iowa 5-2
21. Appalachian State 6-0
22. Boise State 6-1
23. Iowa State 5-2
24. Arizona State 5-2
25. Wake Forest 6-1

Others receiving votes: Memphis 87, Virginia 29, San Diego State 17, Pittsburgh 17, Washington 15, Navy 9, Texas A&M 6, Missouri 4, USC 3, UCF 3, Louisiana Tech 2, Tulane 1

Dropped from rankings: Missouri 22, Washington 25

Coaches Poll:
1. Alabama (24) 7-0
2. Clemson (16) 7-0
3. LSU (13) 7-0
4. Ohio State (9) 7-0
5. Oklahoma 7-0
6. Penn State 7-0
7. Notre Dame 5-1
8. Florida 7-1
9. Georgia 6-1
10. Auburn 6-1
11. Oregon 6-1
12. Utah 6-1
13. Wisconsin 6-1
14. Baylor 7-0
15. Texas 5-2
16. Minnesota 7-0
17. SMU 7-0
18. Cincinnati 6-1
19. Iowa 5-2
20. Michigan 5-2
21. Boise State 6-1
22. Appalachian State 6-0
23. Wake Forest 6-1
24. Arizona State 5-2
25. Memphis 6-1

Others receiving votes: Iowa State 83, Virginia 61, San Diego State 45, Navy 24, Pittsburgh 18, Washington 16, Tulane 8, Texas A&M 8, Louisiana Tech 7, UCF 6, Temple 3, Virginia Tech 2, UAB 1, Indiana 1, Utah State 1

Dropped from rankings: Washington 23, Temple 25

Poor Wisconsin has a 1 point road loss, against Illinois but dropping that far in polls I don't agree with. They have to be one of the best 1 loss teams unless they had some major injuries I'm unaware of. All the games I watched, they were dominating but didn't watch the Illinois loss and yes it was a shocker when I saw the score.

Poor Wisconsin has a 1 point road loss, against Illinois but dropping that far in polls I don't agree with. They have to be one of the best 1 loss teams unless they had some major injuries I'm unaware of. All the games I watched, they were dominating but didn't watch the Illinois loss and yes it was a shocker when I saw the score.
Wisconsin's not in the sec ...
Therefore they drop big time ...
They didn't lose by 20 or 30 points and still lost ...
They will be out of conversation if they don't beat the Buckeyes next week ...

Reactions: Howard Simmons

They both need to win desperately. Wisconson would have the edge should they win because of the head to head advantage. 2 teams from Big 10 won't make it, thats always reserved for the SEC and deservedly IMO.

They both need to win desperately. Wisconson would have the edge should they win because of the head to head advantage. 2 teams from Big 10 won't make it, thats always reserved for the SEC and deservedly IMO.
What ?
Ohio State does not DESPERATELY need to win ...
They have played well all year and won handily.
Every week people say, Oh, they will be tested this week, they play well and win ...
They ARE one of the Top teams ...

Wisconsin , however does need to Win or they would have 2 losses and no one goes very far with 2 losses.

Btw, who ever realistically thought 2 Big Ten teams would make it ?

Lately they have problems getting 1 team in.

So your saying no one should commit then? It's hard to ask someone with Fields talent to wait 3 years. I'm not saying its right but yea it can be frustrating for any young man.
I'm saying that when you go to a school that has a quarterback that just led the team to the national championship during his freshman year, don't go crying because they keep him as the starter.

Lose twice and they should be.

And as pointed out, Georgia dropped the same amount as Wisconsin.

So Burrow shouldn't have committed to Ohio State.

I never heard of fields "crying ". All I heard is when they put him in it was just for basic plays. He never got to actually show his ability in a game. He was frustrated with that.

When Ohio State was up and Martell was in they let him run the same plays the first team did. He ran yes but also threw a lot. Fields never got that chance at Georgia.
I'm saying that when you go to a school that has a quarterback that just led the team to the national championship during his freshman year, don't go crying because they keep him as the starter.

I never heard of fields "crying ". All I heard is when they put him in it was just for basic plays. He never got to actually show his ability in a game. He was frustrated with that.
He was complaining the whole time he was there, ever since he wasn't able to beat Fromm for the job. After the video'd complaints he did in the USCe game (only the second game of the season) and then his talk of leaving, his playing time was gone. This was all over the local news and Bulldog blogs at the time.

As for "showing his ability", he played most of the opener that season. Unfortunately for him, he chose to go to a team that already had a 5-star recruit playing quarterback that had led them to a national championship game. Not sure how anyone would think he should be able to start right away and bump that guy from his starting position. And then to complain about not getting the job shows how much he values "TEAM me".

Reactions: mccoyrj
Oklahoma's last 3 starting quarterbacks have been transfers (2 from the SEC, and 1 from the Big-12). Two of them won the Heisman Trophy. People will go where they see opportunity to develop and display their talent.

Reactions: mccoyrj
I did a little bit of research and you are dead on. I'm no fan of someone acting like that. I just hope he puts team first now.

Most of the blue blood teams have 5 stars starting somewhere. So your going to have other 5 stars committing no matter what. So transfers are going to happen.

He was complaining the whole time he was there, ever since he wasn't able to beat Fromm for the job. After the video'd complaints he did in the USCe game (only the second game of the season) and then his talk of leaving, his playing time was gone. This was all over the local news and Bulldog blogs at the time.

As for "showing his ability", he played most of the opener that season. Unfortunately for him, he chose to go to a team that already had a 5-star recruit playing quarterback that had led them to a national championship game. Not sure how anyone would think he should be able to start right away and bump that guy from his starting position. And then to complain about not getting the job shows how much he values "TEAM me".

Reactions: Derwin0 and mccoyrj
I did a little bit of research and you are dead on. I'm no fan of someone acting like that. I just hope he puts team first now.

Most of the blue blood teams have 5 stars starting somewhere. So your going to have other 5 stars committing no matter what. So transfers are going to happen.

He certainly has since he's gotten to Columbus.

Reactions: Gobucks
Your still in the Top 10, that makes a HUGE difference.
They started from a higher spot, so yes, they are still ranked higher, but the fact remains that both dropped EXACTLY the same amount of spots after similar losses.

At this point, both still have basically the same outside chance of sneaking back in the discussion. Both still have big games coming up, and possible conference champ games to factor in.

So Burrow shouldn't have committed to Ohio State.

When Ohio State was up and Martell was in they let him run the same plays the first team did. He ran yes but also threw a lot. Fields never got that chance at Georgia.

I somewhat disagree ....
I don't think Martell threw the ball 50 times when he was in Columbus ..
Sadly his time was way too predictable, when he was in he was either a decoy or he ran the ball.

Oklahoma's last 3 starting quarterbacks have been transfers (2 from the SEC, and 1 from the Big-12). Two of them won the Heisman Trophy. People will go where they see opportunity to develop and display their talent.
Makes ya think, ya really don't want to go to Oklahoma if your a Freshman QB, now does it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts