2019-20 NCAA Football Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
So Alabama won and dropped in the AP poll???? This would not happen to any other team!

Jimbo, am I doing this right ? ;)

Just picking with you. I have no issue with LSU being number one in the AP. We still got the coaches top spot for now.

Updated Polls

AP Top 25:
1. LSU (17) 8-0
2. Alabama (21) 8-0
3. Ohio State (17) 8-0
4. Clemson (7) 8-0
5. Penn State 8-0
6. Florida 7-1
7. Oregon 7-1
8. Georgia 6-1
9. Utah 7-1
10. Oklahoma 7-1
11. Auburn 6-2
12. Baylor 7-0
13. Minnesota 8-0
14. Michigan 6-2
15. SMU 8-0
16. Notre Dame 5-2
17. Cincinnati 6-1
18. Wisconsin 6-2
19. Iowa 6-2
20. Appalachian State 7-0
21. Boise State 6-1
22. Kansas State 5-2
23. Wake Forest 6-1
24. Memphis 7-1
25. San Diego State 7-1

Others receiving votes: Texas 49, Navy 43, UCF 33, Washington 19, Texas A&M 14, USC 11, Louisiana Tech 6, Indiana 4, Oklahoma State 1, Pittsburgh 1, Iowa State 1

Dropped from rankings: Texas 15, Iowa State 23, Arizona State 24

Coaches Poll:
1. Alabama (40) 8-0
2. LSU (7) 8-0
3. Clemson (10) 8-0
4. Ohio State 8-0
5. Penn State 8-0
6. Florida 7-1
7. Georgia 6-1
8. Oregon 7-1
9. Oklahoma 7-1
10. Utah 7-1
11. Baylor 7-0
12. Auburn 6-2
13. Minnesota 8-0
14. SMU 8-0
15. Michigan 6-2
16. Notre Dame 5-2
17. Wisconsin 6-2
18. Cincinnati 6-1
19. Iowa 6-2
20. Appalachian State 7-0
21. Boise State 6-1
22. Wake Forest 6-1
23. Memphis 7-1
24. Texas 5-3
25. Kansas State 5-2

Others receiving votes: San Diego State 94, Navy 75, UCF 24, Louisiana Tech 22, Indiana 18, Texas A&M 16, Washington 15, Oklahoma State 7, Iowa State 3, UAB 3, Arizona State 3, Air Force 3, Virginia Tech 3, Wyoming 2, Virginia 2

Dropped from rankings: Arizona State 24

So Alabama won and dropped in the AP poll???? This would not happen to any other team!

Just picking with you. I have no issue with LSU being number one in the AP. We still got the coaches top spot for now.
I don't understand it either ... Seeing Bama dominated its game, I didn't expect them to drop.

Fwiw, I don't even look at the Coaches poll as it has no bearing ... you know Coaches are not voting anyways for the most part.

Right now I could see any of them being #1, all three are playing great.

Reactions: mccoyrj

Like you said previously, the other team played a tougher opponent ... thats why they moved.
Beating Arkansas isn't going to move the needle.

When do the CFP committee polls come out ?
Nov 12th ?
It will be interesting.
Typically someone that everyone expects to be in the top 4, isn't.

Last edited:
How is Notre Dame still ranked? A lousy Michigan beats Notre Dame by 3 touchdowns. Both suck as far as I'm concerned. It must be nice having all those mythical championships and prestige that don't mean squat except for favoritism by pollsters.

I don't understand it either ... Seeing Bama dominated its game, I didn't expect them to drop.

Fwiw, I don't even look at the Coaches poll as it has no bearing ...
Neither does the AP, but weren't you complaining when Ohio St. dropped several weeks ago?

tbh though, I think Ohio St. will debut as #1 when the committee rankings come out.

...When do the CFP committee polls come out ?
Nov 12th ?
It will be interesting.
Typically someone that everyone expects to be in the top 4, isn't.
I believe they come out Nov. 5th. I predict the initial poll to look like this:

Alabama
Ohio State
LSU
Clemson

I hate to admit it but I just don’t see LSU winning in Tuscaloosa when you compare both defenses, Tua or not. Hopefully they can keep it respectable enough to jump other one loss teams if they can win out after that. I don’t see the other three teams losing the rest of the way (but anything can happen...see OU).

I look for the CFP to come down to a race for that fourth spot, as always.

Alabama
Ohio State
LSU
Clemson

I hate to admit it but I just don’t see LSU winning in Tuscaloosa when you compare both defenses, Tua or not. Hopefully they can keep it respectable enough to jump other one loss teams if they can win out after that. I don’t see the other three teams losing the rest of the way (but anything can happen...see OU).

I see it being those 4, but in this order:

LSU
Ohio St.
Alabama
Clempson

The reason I think they'll put LSU & Ohio St. above the other 2 is that Alabama's and Clempson's schedules have been pretty weak so far (the only team either played that was ranked, Texas A&M, is no longer ranked) while Ohio St. & LSU have beaten some highly ranked team.

I was originally thinking Ohio St. above LSU, but as LSU beat 3 top team teams, they should get the edge.

I agree with Derwino.

I believe it will be
LSU
OSU
Bama
Clemson.

LSU at this point just has a better resume than anyone else and is deserving of the initial top spot.

I like your way of thinking sir. :D

That said, the Bama D is not as strong this season as in seasons past. We need a healthy Tua to make sure we have the offensive firepower in case it becomes a shootout.
I am not saying the Bama D is bad, they are still extremely talented, just not as dominant as in the past. That may have to do with the offense being so good that the D is on the field more.

The only thing is OHIO STATE plays Maryland and Rutgers in the next two weeks which if they win isn't going to help in the polls. Then after that they play Penn State and Michigan and if they win those then hopefully they'll be in the top spot.

Neither does the AP, but weren't you complaining when Ohio St. dropped several weeks ago?
Probably, but I also noted that the polls don't mean anything till the Playoff committee does thiers.
tbh though, I think Ohio St. will debut as #1 when the committee rankings come out.

IF they do come out as #1 in the first poll, it will be on the EYE test ...
They've played a few tough, or thought to be tough teams ... seems every other week they were suppose to be tested ...
Cincinnati was the first one, then it was Scott Frost and his amazing Nebraska team, then Michigan St and thier great Defense, then Wisconsin and thier Nation leading Defense.

You know how they all went ...

Ryan Day is doing a Great job at keeping them focused, avoiding a trap game so far.
They have 2 more games that should test them, Penn State in a few weeks and ichigan the last week of the season and (if they win them, the BT Championship game.

If they make it thru those last 3 .... they will have still said they haven't played anyone ... because no one Nationally gives the Big Ten any credit ... the Buckeyes ARE getting credit so far, the Big Ten, not so much.

Wisconsin is a very good team and Penn State is still Undefeated and playing very well ...

None of them will mean anything until they play Clemson or Bama or LSU ...

Alabama
Ohio State
LSU
Clemson

I'm not so sure that Bama's Defense is up to the credit your giving it THIS year, at least not yet.

I see that game going either way. Probably a 3 point game ...
How good is your FG kicker ?
Bama's ?

I don't know either of them ...
I DO know the Buckeyes have a guy that has kicked 2 over 50 yards one in the rain in the last 2 games.

I see it being those 4, but in this order:

LSU
Ohio St.
Alabama
Clempson

The reason I think they'll put LSU & Ohio St. above the other 2 is that Alabama's and Clempson's schedules have been pretty weak so far (the only team either played that was ranked, Texas A&M, is no longer ranked) while Ohio St. & LSU have beaten some highly ranked team.

I was originally thinking Ohio St. above LSU, but as LSU beat 3 top team teams, they should get the edge.
I think your right, LSU currently should be ahead of the Buckeyes, they have played (and won) against higher ranked teams, so far ... Ohio States schedule is back loaded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)