2019-20 NCAA Football Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The only thing is OHIO STATE plays Maryland and Rutgers in the next two weeks which if they win isn't going to help in the polls. Then after that they play Penn State and Michigan and if they win those then hopefully they'll be in the top spot.
And Bama plays the little Sisters of the Poor the week before last, basically an off week before thier last game.
No disrespect to the LSOP ... but Western Carolina may as well be a a High School team.

So, while Ohio State does play 2 more weak teams, Bama's teams they play(ed) are no better.

And Bama plays the little Sisters of the Poor the week before last, basically an off week before thier last game.
No disrespect to the LSOP ... but Western Carolina may as well be a a High School team.

So, while Ohio State does play 2 more weak teams, Bama's teams they play(ed) are no better.

Bama generally schedules big to start the season, and has the cupcake game at the end. (Or one of them). This season with Duke was not a great example of course. Lol.

But playing FAU to start or Western Carolina late, I don’t see a big difference. Win and it won’t matter.

...I see that game going either way. Probably a 3 point game ...
How good is your FG kicker ?...
Untested. Cade York is LSU’s PK, a freshman. Most of his attempts have been within the red zone where he’s been pretty accurate. He’s less than 50% the few he’s kicked outside of that.

Untested. Cade York is LSU’s PK, a freshman. Most of his attempts have been within the red zone where he’s been pretty accurate. He’s less than 50% the few he’s kicked outside of that.
Can he consistently hit the goalpost from any distance like ours can ?

Anyone can kick it between them, it takes true accuracy to actually hit the post.

Updated polls before the CFP comes out.

AP Top 25:
1. LSU (17) 8-0
2. Alabama (21) 8-0
3. Ohio State (17) 8-0
4. Clemson (7) 9-0
5. Penn State 8-0
6. Georgia 7-1
7. Oregon 8-1
8. Utah 8-1
9. Oklahoma 7-1
10. Florida 7-2
11. Baylor 8-0
12. Auburn 7-2
13. Minnesota 8-0
14. Michigan 7-2
15. Notre Dame 6-2
16. Wisconsin 6-2
17. Cincinnati 7-1
18. Iowa 6-2
19. Memphis 8-1
20. Kansas State 6-2
21. Boise State 7-1
22. Wake Forest 7-1
23. SMU 8-1
24. San Diego State 7-1
25. Navy 7-1

Others receiving votes: UCF 52, Texas 37, Indiana 27, Texas A&M 19, Oklahoma State 11, Louisiana Tech 7, Appalachian State 5, Washington 2, Pittsburgh 2, Iowa State 1, Virginia 1, North Dakota State 1

Dropped from rankings: Appalachian State 20

Coaches Poll:
1. Alabama (37) 8-0
2. LSU (11) 8-0
3. Clemson (9) 9-0
4. Ohio State (8) 8-0
5. Penn State 8-0
6. Georgia 7-1
7. Oregon 8-1
8. Oklahoma 7-1
9. Utah 8-1
10. Baylor 8-0
11. Florida 7-2
12. Auburn 7-2
13. Minnesota 8-0
14. Michigan 7-2
15. Notre Dame 6-2
16. Wisconsin 6-2
17. Cincinnati 7-1
18. Iowa 6-2
19. Memphis 8-1
20. Wake Forest 7-1
21. Boise State 7-1
22. Kansas State 6-2
23. Southern Methodist 8-1
24. San Diego State 7-1
25. Navy 7-1

Others receiving votes: Texas 79, Indiana 44, Appalachian State 24, UCF 24, Texas A&M 22, Louisiana Tech 13, Oklahoma State 5, Air Force 4, Virginia 2, Pittsburgh 1, Wyoming 1

Dropped from rankings: Appalachian State 20, Texas 24

Updated polls before the CFP comes out.

AP Top 25:
1. LSU (17) 8-0
2. Alabama (21) 8-0
3. Ohio State (17) 8-0
4. Clemson (7) 9-0
5. Penn State 8-0
6. Georgia 7-1
7. Oregon 8-1
8. Utah 8-1
9. Oklahoma 7-1
10. Florida 7-2
11. Baylor 8-0
12. Auburn 7-2
13. Minnesota 8-0
14. Michigan 7-2
15. Notre Dame 6-2
16. Wisconsin 6-2
17. Cincinnati 7-1
18. Iowa 6-2
19. Memphis 8-1
20. Kansas State 6-2
21. Boise State 7-1
22. Wake Forest 7-1
23. SMU 8-1
24. San Diego State 7-1
25. Navy 7-1

Others receiving votes: UCF 52, Texas 37, Indiana 27, Texas A&M 19, Oklahoma State 11, Louisiana Tech 7, Appalachian State 5, Washington 2, Pittsburgh 2, Iowa State 1, Virginia 1, North Dakota State 1

Dropped from rankings: Appalachian State 20

Coaches Poll:
1. Alabama (37) 8-0
2. LSU (11) 8-0
3. Clemson (9) 9-0
4. Ohio State (8) 8-0
5. Penn State 8-0
6. Georgia 7-1
7. Oregon 8-1
8. Oklahoma 7-1
9. Utah 8-1
10. Baylor 8-0
11. Florida 7-2
12. Auburn 7-2
13. Minnesota 8-0
14. Michigan 7-2
15. Notre Dame 6-2
16. Wisconsin 6-2
17. Cincinnati 7-1
18. Iowa 6-2
19. Memphis 8-1
20. Wake Forest 7-1
21. Boise State 7-1
22. Kansas State 6-2
23. Southern Methodist 8-1
24. San Diego State 7-1
25. Navy 7-1

Others receiving votes: Texas 79, Indiana 44, Appalachian State 24, UCF 24, Texas A&M 22, Louisiana Tech 13, Oklahoma State 5, Air Force 4, Virginia 2, Pittsburgh 1, Wyoming 1

Dropped from rankings: Appalachian State 20, Texas 24
And the College Playoff Committee starts Tuesday ... at 9 pm ?

I read somewhere it was 9 pm ... however, I don't see anything in the guide for Tuesday pertaining to the CFP .. is this being done like previous years, on espn ?

Reactions: Howard Simmons

I read somewhere it was 9 pm ... however, I don't see anything in the guide for Tuesday pertaining to the CFP .. is this being done like previous years, on espn ?

I assume it will be quickly announced on ESPN Tuesday at 9pm.

An interesting fact I uncovered while researching this: Alabama, Ohio State and Clemson have been in every single CFP poll?

Since you're flying the LSU flag what's up with your starting linebacker leaving?

Have no idea. Apparently he (Michael Divinity) posted this message on Instagram and he was gone...

“I am taking some time off to focus on a personal matter and just wanted to say thank you to my coaches, teammates, and the entire LSU community for your continued help and support. I am sorry I can't be on the field for you guys. My goal is to get myself back to 100% in time to graduate in December and be back on the field fighting with my brothers soon.

This is an incredibly difficult time for me, and it means so much to me that so many people have reached out--knowing you all have my back will make the next short while a lot easier. Thank you all.

I got this, I promise you.”

Rumors abounding...drugs, mental illness, legal trouble, family member ill, etc. Must be bad if he’s dropping out at this crucial time of the season.

Have no idea. Apparently he (Michael Divinity) posted this message on Instagram and he was gone...

“I am taking some time off to focus on a personal matter and just wanted to say thank you to my coaches, teammates, and the entire LSU community for your continued help and support. I am sorry I can't be on the field for you guys. My goal is to get myself back to 100% in time to graduate in December and be back on the field fighting with my brothers soon.

This is an incredibly difficult time for me, and it means so much to me that so many people have reached out--knowing you all have my back will make the next short while a lot easier. Thank you all.

I got this, I promise you.”

Rumors abounding...drugs, mental illness, legal trouble, family member ill, etc. Must be bad if he’s dropping out at this crucial time of the season.
Wow, I had not heard about this. Hopefully he gets the help he needs for whatever the issue is.

Reactions: mccoyrj

By the website I read ESPN at 9pm EST. The only thing is they have a college basketball game Michigan State vs Kentucky.

I mention this because its a big deal for an already big game, but its being reported that the President will be in attendance at the Bama/LSU game.

Just found that interesting, and before it starts, do not make anything political out of it ;)

Reactions: mccoyrj

By the website I saw ESPN 9pm EST only problem is they have a college basketball game on Michigan vs Kentucky.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)