2019-20 NCAA Football Thread

I mention this because its a big deal for an already big game, but its being reported that the President will be in attendance at the Bama/LSU game.

Just found that interesting, and before it starts, do not make anything political out of it ;)
That means all of you going to the game need to get there earlier than normal.
Last time he went to a game (football) they shut down the entrance he was using and they all had to find other ways into the game (gates).
I don't remember which game that was, but I do remember it happening. (A few years ago I think it was)

Reactions: mccoyrj
That means all of you going to the game need to get there earlier than normal.
Last time he went to a game (football) they shut down the entrance he was using and they all had to find other ways into the game (gates).
I don't remember which game that was, but I do remember it happening. (A few years ago I think it was)
Yeah, it’s going to make an already crazy GameDay experience even more hectic.

Reactions: Rey and mccoyrj
I saw that listed as well...
I guess it's not as big a deal this year .... ??? :eeek
I saw an update on one of the websites I cover and it says the BB game will start at 9:30pm. The only problem with that is they have a Kansas vs Duke game before that and they may go to overtime. Anyway I'll be on ESPN at 9pm.

Reactions: mccoyrj
I saw an update on one of the websites I cover and it says the BB game will start at 9:30pm. The only problem with that is they have a Kansas vs Duke game before that and they may go to overtime. Anyway I'll be on ESPN at 9pm.
I think they've tried to do that previously as well, stick it in between games.

IF the game goes late they will start the show late and hold the next game up till its done.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
tenor.gif

So it’s

OSU
LSU
BAMA
PSU

Got to say I’m confused with this rationale with these rankings. Not that it matters, but I’m curious as to why this is what we start with.

Reactions: HIFI and mccoyrj
Initial 2019 College Football Playoff rankings.

1. Ohio State 8-0
2. LSU 8-0
3. Alabama 8-0
4. Penn State 8-0

5. Clemson 9-0
6. Georgia 7-1
7. Oregon 8-1
8. Utah 8-1
9. Oklahoma 7-1
10. Florida 7-2
11. Auburn 7-2
12. Baylor 8-0
13. Wisconsin 6-2
14. Michigan 7-2
15. Notre Dame 6-2
16. Kansas State 6-2
17. Minnesota 8-0
18. Iowa 6-2
19. Wake Forest 7-1
20. Cincinnati 7-1
21. Memphis 8-1
22. Boise State 7-1
23. Oklahoma State (6-3)
24. Navy 7-1
25. SMU 8-1

Penn State in the top 4, I can't agree with. Michigan, Iowa, Pitt were 1 touchdown or fewer point wins and the only teams worth mentioning. Not impressive or deserving of #4 rank in my book. Clemson should be at #4 if for no other reason they are 9-0 undefeated and the real defending National Champions not some mythical BS champion.

Wow, #1 OSU vs #4 Penn State is slated for a 11 am central kickoff. Thats unusual for a game of that caliber.

Yep. A lot of Buckeye fans pissed. If this was in Happy Valley it would be at night. White out game. It will be next year.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!
It seems like a lot of OSU games hit that 11am slot.
Is there a reason for that? FOX getting first choice for big 10 games or something similar to the SEC and the 2:30 slot ?

Penn State in the top 4, I can't agree with. Michigan, Iowa, Pitt were 1 touchdown or fewer point wins and the only teams worth mentioning. Not impressive or deserving of #4 rank in my book. Clemson should be at #4 if for no other reason they are 9-0 undefeated and the real defending National Champions not some mythical BS champion.
Wait a minute ...
They continue to say that the previous year doesn't count ... So, Clemson being the National Champs doesn't add to thier resume.
IF they played anyone this year, they might be able to justify being in the top 4.
The way Lawrence has played, they shouldn't be that high.

I get the feeling that they are BORED, and they think/hope to turn it on when they Do play a real team.

Imo, Lawrence looked Great last year, this year he looks very average.

They would be at least a 7 point dog to anyone above them at the moment ...
That doesn't mean they won't get thier act together and start playing better, at which point the committee will put them in the top 4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)