2019-20 NCAA Football Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Buckeyes SOS increases while LSU’s decreases over the next few weeks. LSU “might” get the top spot this week, but that will change. Lots left to happen.
Yeah, but none of Ohio State's upcoming games, or LSU's, will make Ohio State's SOS be better than LSU.

Reactions: mccoyrj
I think the only difference between 1 and 2 in the playoffs is choice of where you play.
That and the opponent.

this year's playoff games are the Peach Bowl (Atlanta) & Fiesta Bowl (Phoenix). Since both LSU & Ohio State are Eastern teams, the #1 will probably go to the Peach Bowl.

The Championship game is in the New Orleans Superdome, so that should be interesting if LSU gets in.

CFP Rankings 11/5/19

1. LSU 9-0
2. Ohio State 9-0
3. Clemson 10-0
4. Georgia 8-1

5. Alabama 8-1
6. Oregon 8-1
7. Utah 8-1
8. Minnesota 9-0
9. Penn State 8-1
10. Oklahoma 8-1
11. Florida 8-2
12. Auburn 7-2
13. Baylor 9-0
14. Wisconsin 7-2
15. Michigan 7-2
16. Notre Dame 7-2
17. Cincinnati 8-1
18. Memphis 8-1
19. Texas 6-3
20. Iowa 6-3
21. Boise State 8-1
22. Oklahoma State 6-3
23. Navy 7-1
24. Kansas State 6-3
25. Appalachian State 8-1

Reactions: charlesrshell
That and the opponent.

this year's playoff games are the Peach Bowl (Atlanta) & Fiesta Bowl (Phoenix). Since both LSU & Ohio State are Eastern teams, the #1 will probably go to the Peach Bowl.

The Championship game is in the New Orleans Superdome, so that should be interesting if LSU gets in.
Yes,
Unfortunately the sec once again gets almost a home game .... However, they should be aware that Buckeyes fans travel very well ...

That said, I'm not so sure that the Buckeyes would not choose to go to Phoenix .... they have played well out there.

It could be real interesting, if the Buckeyes end up playing Clemson (and win) and then potentially face Joe Burrow and LSU.

That and the opponent.

I think that Yes, LSU would choose to go to Atlanta, but if Ohio State is in the top spot, they may go the other way ...
Seeing the rest of the field (pretty much known part anyways) are all from that area.
LSU, Clemson (maybe Bama or Georgia)

Yes,
Unfortunately the sec once again gets almost a home game .... However, they should be aware that Buckeyes fans travel very well ...
Nothing stops Columbus from bidding for the Championship game. Well, nothing except a quality stadium and ability to handle the game.

And home field didn't help Georgia when they lost to Alabama in Atlanta 2 years in a row.

That said, I'm not so sure that the Buckeyes would not choose to go to Phoenix .... they have played well out there.
They have? How badly did Florida beat them in the 2007 National Championship?

However, it will improve ... adding 2 more wins against ranked teams ...
SOS is 1 variable, not everything.
As will LSU's when they play Georgia.

While Ohio State's will improve, nothing on it will improve it to be better than LSU.

Surprised to see the committee put Georgia over Alabama, since Alabama's only loss was to undefeated LSU and Georgia's was to 4-loss South Carolina who just lost to Appalachian State. I guess they want to build up the hype for the SEC Championship.

IMO, #4 should have gone to undefeated Minnesota who just handed Penn State their first loss.

Reactions: camo
Surprised to see the committee put Georgia over Alabama, since Alabama's only loss was to undefeated LSU and Georgia's was to 4-loss South Carolina who just lost to Appalachian State. I guess they want to build up the hype for the SEC Championship.

IMO, #4 should have gone to undefeated Minnesota who just handed Penn State their first loss.

with wins over ND and Florida that are better than any win Bama has, I wasn’t surprised at all.

Doesn’t bother me this early in the selection process.

with wins over ND and Florida that are better than any win Bama has, I wasn’t surprised at all.

Doesn’t bother me this early in the selection process.
Since Georgia still has to play LSU, Alabama will likely sneak in if/when LSU beats Georgia. That should make you gag a little, having to root for LSU. :D

Won't surprise me if A&M upsets Georgia on their home turf in 2 weeks, aggies are finally starting to get their sh*t together. Little late in the season but can play a key spoiler role. They also play LSU in 3 weeks.

Nothing stops Columbus from bidding for the Championship game. Well, nothing except a quality stadium and ability to handle the game.

And home field didn't help Georgia when they lost to Alabama in Atlanta 2 years in a row.

Over all body of work in the southwest is pretty good.

You don't think they can handle Big Games ?

In reality, if a National game came up north, it would probably be in Indy ...
No one wants to play up north though ... and sadly fans don't want to come north ... ala SB in Detroit.

Won't surprise me if A&M upsets Georgia on their home turf in 2 weeks, aggies are finally starting to get their sh*t together. Little late in the season but can play a key spoiler role. They also play LSU in 3 weeks.
Auburn is the real spoiler .....
They can make a mess of things.

As will LSU's when they play Georgia.

While Ohio State's will improve, nothing on it will improve it to be better than LSU.
LSU plays 3 Non Ranked teams the rest of the way before the championship game ...

Ohio State plays 2 more RANKED teams ...

Provided they win out, it will be very close, regardless of weather it ends up LSU or OSU at the top.

Personally, being #1 or #2 going in doesn't make a bit of difference.

Btw, the Committee will make sure that the teams end up the way THEY want the teams to play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)