2019-20 NCAA Football Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Utah has to be the most embarrassed by the way the season ended. Their powderpuff schedule really showed and to think had they beat Oregon they would have slipped into the playoffs.

And they won't get better sitting at home nor does it help with recruiting by losing the exposure of a bowl game. So your ego gets satisfied while the coaching staff realizes the missed opportunity.
You improve your recruiting by going to a bottom tier bowl game or even a bottom half ?
[automerge]1577914208[/automerge]
Utah has to be the most embarrassed by the way the season ended. Their powderpuff schedule really showed and to think had they beat Oregon they would have slipped into the playoffs.
Agreed, Utah definitely didn't look very good in thier last few games.

Not the season us spoiled Bama fans hoped for, but one most fan bases would love to have anyway.
Roll tide.

Reactions: HIFI
I thought Wisconson got burned by that offensive PI toward the end of the game that killed any chance of a field goal. They may have not been able to score anyway but we'll never know. I was rooting for the Ducks to win but thought Wisconson had the better team.

Reactions: mccoyrj
Looking at the major conferences how they faired in bowls the Big 12 has taken a beating with only 1 win (1-5). Pac 12 has done better than expected (5-4), ACC (4-5) Big 10 (5-5), and the SEC (6-2). SEC and Big 10 still have Tennessee vs Indiana in the Gator Bowl left.
ACC still has BC vs Cinn game.

Great game just now between Kentucky and Virginia Tech. Lynn Bowden carries the Wildcats with his legs most of the game, then throws a pass to win it 37-30 with 19 seconds left.
It was a really great back and forth game.

Looking at the major conferences how they faired in bowls the Big 12 has taken a beating with only 1 win (1-5). Pac 12 has done better than expected (5-4), ACC (4-5) Big 10 (5-5), and the SEC (6-2). SEC and Big 10 still have Tennessee vs Indiana in the Gator Bowl left.
ACC still has BC vs Cinn game.
I wish some of these bowl games were played up North, then we'd see how those southern teams would fair. I know that they play them in the warmer climates so more fans would come but these Northern teams need to be playing in the cold.

Reactions: Foxbat
No what I'm saying is all these southern teams play in warm weather and usually don't play in cold weather. Look at most of the major bowl games being played: Tampa, Orlando, Phoenix, or a dome. Let them go up North and see how they fair.

No what I'm saying is all these southern teams play in warm weather and usually don't play in cold weather. Look at most of the major bowl games being played: Tampa, Orlando, Phoenix, or a dome. Let them go up North and see how they fair.
I cant find any concrete stats for temps at game time, but the majority of the season is at such a time where the temps would not be brutally cold for most of the regular season college football games, no matter north or south. So its not like the Northern teams usually play in anything approaching "cold" either.

I would say that the summer time temps that some southern teams have to play in are more detrimental to on field performance than the few northern games that are at are approaching freezing. (there are outliers of course).

IDK, ive just seen that thrown around as an excuse for conference bowl performance in the past, and its always struck me as a silly argument personally, as both participants in a bowl game have the same "fair weather" advantage to contend with.

Reactions: Derwin0
No offense to anyone but I have moved on from that game. Yea Chase was held and had his facemask shoved a lot. Yep I think it was a fumble and I also say yes it was targetting by the book.

That being said..... Ohio State had a chance to win and did not. I am proud of them. I know there were a lot of people that didn't think they could play Clemson straight up and would be blown out. I'm pretty sure at least one on this board thought it. Just by the way he talks.

Now I'll just root for Joe and LSU. I have nothing against Clemson. Great team and coach.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!

No offense to anyone but I have moved on from that game. Yea Chase was held and had his facemask shoved a lot. Yep I think it was a fumble and I also say yes it was targetting by the book.

That being said..... Ohio State had a chance to win and did not. I am proud of them. I know there were a lot of people that didn't think they could play Clemson straight up and would be blown out. I'm pretty sure at least one on this board thought it. Just by the way he talks.

Now I'll just root for Joe and LSU. I have nothing against Clemson. Great team and coach.

That makes two of us.:cheer:cheer:cheer

Reactions: Gobucks
Bowl games are a reward. No one wants to go somewhere and freeze their butt off to play/watch a game there!

Its money that gets pumped into the bowl sites. The tourism that happens. I listen to ESPNU radio whenever Stern is off. They were talking about this and feel the same as you.
We hear every year how teams didn't even break even ... how can those two things be right ?

What is with the date of the Championship game?

Was checking the listings this past weekend to see what time the game would be on Monday, but found that it's next Monday.

Prior years it was a one week break between the semi's and championship game, but this year it's two. :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)