2019-20 NCAA Football Thread

Big Ten is cancelling the fall football season.

The Big Ten is expected to cancel the 2020 college football season in a historic move that stems from concerns related to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, multiple people with knowledge of the decision told the Free Press.

"It's done," one high-ranking Big Ten source said Monday afternoon.

Sources said the presidents were in agreement Sunday to end fall sports in the conference. Michigan and Michigan State — which both have physicians as presidents — were among the schools in favor of ending the fall seasons, sources said.

Multiple sources said early Monday morning that presidents voted 12-2 to end the season, though it not clear whether that vote was official. Dan Patrick said on his radio show that Iowa and Nebraska were the only two schools in favor or playing.

A Big Ten spokesman said Monday afternoon that no official vote had been taken place. According to The Lansing State Journal, Big Ten presidents were expected to meet again Monday at 6 p.m. to formally decide on playing football this fall.

I wonder if they’ll give players who were waiting for their chance to start another year of eligibility? LSU has a junior QB that was there before Burrow that was getting the keys to the team this year. He’s already redshirted.

Big Ten is cancelling the fall football season.

This is currently just TALK ... nothing official yet.

That said, its looking bad for the teams to play this year ...

Then theres reports that the SEC is counting on playing still, and Ohio State may attempt to join them for the year (maybe others ?) ...
Because Notre Dame was just approved to join the ACC, I can't rule this oddity of moving to the SEC out this year.

ok, that makes more sense.

Yeah that was the point I was making. If it is "Unsafe" now there is no way with the combination of COVID-19 and the Flu it's going to be safe in the Spring. I pretty much agree with all of the above... I think the players in each conference should get to vote on whether they want to move forward or not. I'd say the majority would be in favor in the ACC & SEC. The rest could be a coin toss. Either way though the season isn't going to be anything near "normal". I'm sure there will be no bowl games outside of maybe the CFP games.

I'm sure there will be no bowl games outside of maybe the CFP games.
Doubt those would be played either. This year's semi-finals are at the Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl. Can't see California allowing the Rose Bowl to happen if things are still going on.

Then theres reports that the SEC is counting on playing still, and Ohio State may attempt to join them for the year (maybe others ?) ...
Because Notre Dame was just approved to join the ACC, I can't rule this oddity of moving to the SEC out this year.
Could be some interesting moves. Some States might prevent their public schools from playing, or even private. For example, New York, Massachusettes, and Pennsylvania might stop Syracuse, Boston College, and Pitt from playing even if the ACC goes ahead.

Can't see the SEC letting Ohio St. play in the SEC though, no way the conference wants to split it's money and give Ohio St. a share.

1150fa35539b15632f9a311994ddab68.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: mccoyrj and Derwin0

This is truly a SAD day in the Big Ten, particularly if the other Conferences go ahead and play.

They may play in the Spring .... BS

I don't want to watch the third string guys play ... the Starters are not going to play at all if your a Junior or a Senior ...
Those that have potential to play in the NFL won't play and the NFL isn't moving thier Draft day back to the middle of the summer ..., they didn't move it this year, why would next year be any different.

Thank you Big Ten Commissioner .... you and the school presidents that don't even know what football is decided this, not those that actually play or coach the game ...

Now, go home and watch the Virus grow .... at least when they were on campos they were safe, being watched and tested ....

Reactions: mccoyrj
I guess conference championships will be the ultimate goal for those that might play. No need for playoffs now. That would be pointless without all the power 5s involved.

For now....

For the time being ...
I would continue to go about getting ready for the games until they can't ...
Thats what the Big Ten should have done.

I'm really pissed at the Big Ten, they cancelled OOC games so they had flexibility in thier schedule, then less than a week later they disregard that flexibility and call it a day.

This is where its just WRONG when the Presidents just do what they want with no regard to those playing.