2019-20 NCAA Football Thread

I want to see the whole schedule, or even Team schedules, but I think when you try to pull them up, you find the Old 2020 schedules.
That there isn't a whole schedule yet implies the SEC is uncertain that there will be a full schedule.

Looks like this is the newer one:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All is well now. As long as the players are isolated, tested weekly, and have nothing to do with actually going to college, things should be fine.

I find it Ironic that the Ohio High Schools will play football this year, no one is even talking about them not playing ... (they did shorten the season, like others).
The NFL in Ohio will be playing ... (at least as long as they can).

But the Big Ten teams in Ohio CANNOT PLAY.

I find it Ironic that the Ohio High Schools will play football this year, no one is even talking about them not playing ... (they did shorten the season, like others).
That isn't irony. So, football teams going in three buses now to games?

The NFL is professional and can try to squeeze in a bubble.

Teams?

That there isn't a whole schedule yet implies the SEC is uncertain that there will be a full schedule.
The whole schedule was announced the right after the first week schedule. I thought it was posted here already.

Of course that still doesnt mean it will be played, but the schools have announced capacity, stadium, and game day procedures as well.

Our daughters school had their first game this past friday, with changes in what was allowed. With new executive order, they released even more restrictions. Only two fans per participant will be allowed in the stadium, tickets will be given to the kids at school, and they will give them to their parents, or whoever is coming to watch them. Roped off sections of the stands. Spaced apart. Masks required. So on and so forth.

Most of the high schools were doing live streams last year of some of the varsity sports (football, soccer, basketball). All of them will be live streaming all events this year and limiting attendance, at least until something happens and they shut it down. High school Volleyball and Fall softball started this past week with a few games.

My nephew said they are going to stream all of his college events his year. He said they currently have practice and work outs broken into groups of 4 at the moment until September when they are allowed to start intrasquad and fall games. They’re not sure yet what the conference is going to do, they may be limited to intrasquad only until January before the baseball season starts in February.

Too add to the embarrassment that is the Big Ten Commish ....
His SON, will play football this year, in the SEC ...
So his Big Ten conference will not play, the High School teams in Ohio will play, the Pro NFL teams will at least start the season, including Cleveland and his Son will play in the SEC, but his MAJOR Big Ten team in the state of Ohio will not ...

I hope the other conferences play thru thier season with no issues as well as the Ohio HS teams and the Pro's ...

If Ohio's numbers are good, better than the SEC schools, how can they say one conference can play while another can not.

Sorry guys, I'm quite annoyed with Kevin Warren ...
The Conference adjusted thier schedule to compensate for the potential issues that could happen, then Warren basically said the hell with it, were not playing ... without listening to any of the advise being given ..... I doubt that Presidents had any say at all.

Kevin Warren the brand new Commish took his Football and went home.

Warren will not make it to a second contract with the Big Ten.

People expected him to come out today and explain what he knew and why they cancelled the season so soon ...
He addressed NONE of the things people wanted to have answers to ...

SAdly, it may come down to the Lawyers ...

Reactions: mccoyrj
Too add to the embarrassment that is the Big Ten Commish ....
His SON, will play football this year, in the SEC ...
So his Big Ten conference will not play, the High School teams in Ohio will play, the Pro NFL teams will at least start the season, including Cleveland and his Son will play in the SEC, but his MAJOR Big Ten team in the state of Ohio will not ...

I hope the other conferences play thru thier season with no issues as well as the Ohio HS teams and the Pro's ...

If Ohio's numbers are good, better than the SEC schools, how can they say one conference can play while another can not.
Because that is how you keep the numbers good. It is like vaccinations. If no one has measles, why do we need to vaccinate for measles.

The SEC states opened too early and had to close things back up as a result.

We are also talking about STUDENT athletes. What the pro leagues are doing around the world is putting their players in a bubble to limit exposure. These kids aren't getting paid for this. What is the risk, what is the benefit for having collegiate sports.

Reactions: osu1991

People expected him to come out today and explain what he knew and why they cancelled the season so soon ...
He addressed NONE of the things people wanted to have answers to ...

SAdly, it may come down to the Lawyers ...

Seems to me he brought up the fact that myocarditis (Covid-19 complication) was found in at least 10 Big 10 athletes. When that became known he called off the season the next day.

Reactions: osu1991
Lawyers?! We can’t let a pandemic get in the way of the sanctity of amateur collegiate athletics! Billions are on the line!

Seems to me he brought up the fact that myocarditis (Covid-19 complication) was found in at least 10 Big 10 athletes. When that became known he called off the season the next day.
Were any of them football players ?
If thats true that they found 10 Athletes with it, you don't close up shop, those players should be the ones that can't play .... that type of thing is already looked at (has been for years according to the Dr's ) when the student goes out for a sport, not something you find only due to a Pandemic ...

Sounds like those 10 athletes should not have been playing in the first place ... OR the Dr's ok'd the situation for that player to play before the season started, stating that it wouldn't be a problem in his sport.

Were any of them football players ?
If thats true that they found 10 Athletes with it, you don't close up shop, those players should be the ones that can't play .... that type of thing is already looked at (has been for years according to the Dr's ) when the student goes out for a sport, not something you find only due to a Pandemic ...

Sounds like those 10 athletes should not have been playing in the first place ... OR the Dr's ok'd the situation for that player to play before the season started, stating that it wouldn't be a problem in his sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kind of what I thought. Setup some regional matchups that would limit travel and worry about conference games and titles next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)