2020-21 NCAA Football Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Quite a game on ESPN, Alabama and Ole Miss TIED at the half, 21 all.
Alabama had better find a "efense" real quick ....
Thier Defense looked horrible, Ole Miss ran the ball off tackle on the left side of the line at will, as well as throwing the ball deep multiple times.

Bama pulled away when Ole Miss going in for a TD, center snapped the ball on the ground and lost about 10 yards ... forcing them to kick a FG ... they had been going up and down the field, matching TDs all day till that blunder ... that was the turning point in the game, as they could not stop Bama's offense either ... both teams were over 600 yards.

Bama RB Najee Harris (been around for a year or two) is a beast ...
He reminds me a lot of Buckeye RB Zeke Elliott .... Harris was one that was coming to Columbus, but got away at the last moment, which is fine as we had JK Dobbins ...
Of course, it was Zeke that ran thru and away from the Bama defense last time the two teams played.

LSU Florida game postponed until December 12. Looks like the Tigers will finally cover the spread this week.

• Haha
Reactions: Derwin0

Their AD also.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Their AD also.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OK, so how does this work now, if a Player in the Big Ten gets Covid he's out a ridiculous 21 days from what I understand ...
What is it in the SEC, I think each league makes the call, not the CDC or anyone else ...

I'm guessing the coaches and staff are the same.

OK, so how does this work now, if a Player in the Big Ten gets Covid he's out a ridiculous 21 days from what I understand ...
What is it in the SEC, I think each league makes the call, not the CDC or anyone else ...

They'll probably put Saban into an isolation both on the sidelines with full coms so that he can relay instructions to his assistants.

They'll probably put Saban into an isolation both on the sidelines with full coms so that he can relay instructions to his assistants.
He's home now ... what they will do come game time, I don't know.
They could allow a zoon type connection with him at home and a iPad on the sidelines ... IF they would allow that, I don't know ...
In the NFL they are not allowed communication via cell phones ... but they obviously allow Tablets on the sidelines, so I don't know.
It would be interesting to know what thier options are.

Ok, I just heard that Saban would e able to coach if he has the test Thursda, Friday and Sat and they come back negative ... So, I presume thats the SEC answer to a positive covid test ... meanwhile if your in the Big Ten your out for 21 days.

There HAS to be some standard time frame for all of the Division 1 teams or its a huge disadvantage to non SEC teams.

Ok, I just heard that Saban would e able to coach if he has the test Thursda, Friday and Sat and they come back negative ... So, I presume thats the SEC answer to a positive covid test ... meanwhile if your in the Big Ten your out for 21 days.

There HAS to be some standard time frame for all of the Division 1 teams or its a huge disadvantage to non SEC teams.
Being that it's a conference game, the NCAA really can't do anything.

Not the SEC's fault that the Big Ten has screwed themselves this entire season.

He just tested positive yesterday. How is he going to test negative that quickly?

This AJC article seems pretty clear:

The SEC office in Birmingham confirmed Thursday that Saban, who is expected to be in quarantine because of a positive COVID-19 test, cannot be involved in any way with coaching the Crimson Tide during the game.

If quarantined, Alabama’s Nick Saban won’t be allowed to coach vs. Georgia

He just tested positive yesterday. How is he going to test negative that quickly?

This AJC article seems pretty clear:

The SEC office in Birmingham confirmed Thursday that Saban, who is expected to be in quarantine because of a positive COVID-19 test, cannot be involved in any way with coaching the Crimson Tide during the game.

If quarantined, Alabama’s Nick Saban won’t be allowed to coach vs. Georgia
Interesting ....

My theory was that they get tested daily and it was possible that it was a False Positive.

I'm sure there are enough qualified coaches on board to call plays ... OC would be where I would start on that side of the ball.

I still don't know why they don't allow communication from home to the sidelines.

So, does anyone know how long your required to be out if you get Covid in various conferences ?
Are they really leaving this up to the commish or presidents ?

Btw, I don't think I want the NCAA getting in on this type of ruling.

And this is just if YOU have it, the Contact tracing (meaning you DON'T have it, but someone you may have been around did) is even worse.

Reactions: mccoyrj
Well it appears that Mac Jones is the real deal. You could see flashes of it last season when Tua went down, but getting the keys to the bus completely this season shows the boy can drive. Absolutely spectacular.

Reactions: mccoyrj and HIFI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts