2020 Dish Price Increases Announced

What is the total monthly bill for the AT 120 pack and a Hopper Duo? (including all the taxes and fees)
According to this thread... Regular Price of Top 120 + Hopper Duo (no locals).
... it is $82.99 per month, not including any taxes or other fees besides the $10 Hopper Duo DVR fee. Taxes and state surcharges would vary, depending on where you live. The only other fee that would apply nationally would be the $0.05 FCC fee. So, a total of $83.04 per month, plus your local taxes, if any.

When I go to dish.com it says $59.99 and Smart HD DVR Included. Elsewhere it mentions a $5.00 DVR fee. But why do they mention the $5.00 if the $59.99 includes a Smart HD DVR? I am confused.

Also I don't want local channels (have a lifetime TiVo for that).

And I want to install the dish myself (dont want them drilling through walls or putting the dish where I dont want it).

If I'm in California do I just need a 1000.3 Western Arc Dish? Any switches if its just 1 TV?

That's only for New and qualifying former customers only.You Also have a 2-year commitment with early termination fee and eAutoPay.Dish install only also..Did you read the fine print?

When I go to dish.com it says $59.99 and Smart HD DVR Included. Elsewhere it mentions a $5.00 DVR fee. But why do they mention the $5.00 if the $59.99 includes a Smart HD DVR? I am confused.

And I want to install the dish myself (dont want them drilling through walls or putting the dish where I dont want it).

If I'm in California do I just need a 1000.3 Western Arc Dish? Any switches if its just 1 TV?
It’s a 1000.2 WA dish and LNB. The switch is built into the LNB.

Reactions: N6BY

For their new customer promotions, all advertised prices include a (reduced rate) $5 DVR fee for the "Smart HD DVR" (Hopper Duo). If you want a more advanced model of Hopper, that is where they charge the additional $5 in DVR fees.

Advertised prices do not include locals.

If you purchase the dish and receiver, then you can install the system yourself, and just call Dish to activate it. That means that you would not qualify for the new customer promotions, so you would be paying full price for the programming, though. On the plus side, it also means that there would not be any commitment or early termination fee.

If you would be interested in purchasing a Hopper Duo, I have one listed for sale in the Classifieds section on this site. I am also giving away a 1000.2 dish, but I do not have all of the parts for it. So, you would have to find the Western Arc 1000.2 LNB somewhere else, but that would still be cheaper than purchasing the entire dish.

Reactions: N6BY
That's only for New and qualifying former customers only.You Also have a 2-year commitment with early termination fee and eAutoPay.Dish install only also..Did you read the fine print?
I am new (haven't subscribed in about 9 years).

I didn't see the 'dish install only' part. Where is it in the agreement?

Also, after 2 years are you stuck with the regular rate or can you get a discount if you commit to another 2 years?

For their new customer promotions, all advertised prices include a (reduced rate) $5 DVR fee for the "Smart HD DVR" (Hopper Duo). If you want a more advanced model of Hopper, that is where they charge the additional $5 in DVR fees.

If you purchase the dish and receiver, then you can install the system yourself, and just call Dish to activate it. That means that you would not qualify for the new customer promotions, so you would be paying full price for the programming, though. On the plus side, it also means that there would not be any commitment or early termination fee.

If you would be interested in purchasing a Hopper Duo, I have one listed for sale in the Classifieds section on this site. I am also giving away a 1000.2 dish, but I do not have all of the parts for it. So, you would have to find the Western Arc 1000.2 LNB somewhere else, but that would still be cheaper than purchasing the entire dish.
I found a dish locally for 50 bucks.

How about if I purchase my own dish but not the receiver. They would just come out and install the receiver. Would I still be eligible for the new customer rate?

Reactions: pattykay

The advertised "New Customer" price for the AT120 and a Hopper Duo is $59.99 mo. and does include locals.

Reactions: pattykay
The advertised "New Customer" price for the AT120 and a Hopper Duo is $59.99 mo. and does include locals.
Good catch. The thread I linked earlier (in post number 224) shows a new customer price of $47.99 per month without locals. Also, the price chart I linked to in post number 2 of that thread only shows the prices without locals. (The exception is Welcome Pack, which automatically includes locals.)

Reactions: Tvland1 and Ziptied
Not knocking you, but it just makes me think of the lady that tried to sue McDonald’s for not discounting the quarter pounder with cheese, because she didn’t want cheese. She lost. I laughed.

• Haha
Reactions: navychop and krynn
I found a dish locally for 50 bucks.

How about if I purchase my own dish but not the receiver. They would just come out and install the receiver. Would I still be eligible for the new customer rate?
if you want the goodies and freebies. you have to use there leased boxes and have them install it.. i asked about buying my own boxes they told me no!!! and why do you want to own the boxes it's just not worth it anymore!!! as far as the install you can tell the installer where you want the dish placed providing it will work.. the only way you can use your own boxes is if you keep your service going after the 2 years.. you might be able to add more boxes during the first two years i am unsure about that though that would have more fee's involved

It should be noted that if you already have an antenna installed, and test it for good signal before the tech gets there, he is not going to argue the point. As long as it is the correct antenna, correct LNB and has a good enough signal, you just made his life easier and he will be appreciative of that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)