2020 Dish Price Increases Announced

if you want the goodies and freebies. you have to use there leased boxes and have them install it.. i asked about buying my own boxes they told me no!!! and why do you want to own the boxes it's just not worth it anymore!!! as far as the install you can tell the installer where you want the dish placed providing it will work.. the only way you can use your own boxes is if you keep your service going after the 2 years.. you might be able to add more boxes during the first two years i am unsure about that though that would have more fee's involved
Yes, I think the monthly cost is the same whether you buy the box or lease it. So I will be leasing the box.

It should be noted that if you already have an antenna installed, and test it for good signal before the tech gets there, he is not going to argue the point. As long as it is the correct antenna, correct LNB and has a good enough signal, you just made his life easier and he will be appreciative of that.
I bought the dish yesterday of off Craigslist and plan to put it up today. It has the newer "Dish Network Hybrid Pro" LNBF, which is required for Hoppers and Joeys.

But I read that a conventional signal meter will not work with the Hybrid LNBFs. They require a very expensive meter because the signaling is different. One way I could peak the dish would be to get an older Dish Pro Plus LNBF and put it on temporarily, peak the dish, and then put the Hybrid LNBF back on.

The other way to peak the dish would be to temporarily jury rig an FTA LNBF into the same spot as the 119 LNBF.

The reason I am installing my own dish is that I don't think Dish Network will go on top of a tile roof.

Reactions: pattykay
Yes, I think the monthly cost is the same whether you buy the box or lease it. So I will be leasing the box.

I bought the dish yesterday of off Craigslist and plan to put it up today. It has the newer "Dish Network Hybrid Pro" LNBF, which is required for Hoppers and Joeys.

But I read that a conventional signal meter will not work with the Hybrid LNBFs. They require a very expensive meter because the signaling is different. One way I could peak the dish would be to get an older Dish Pro Plus LNBF and put it on temporarily, peak the dish, and then put the Hybrid LNBF back on.

The other way to peak the dish would be to temporarily jury rig an FTA LNBF into the same spot as the 119 LNBF.

The reason I am installing my own dish is that I don't think Dish Network will go on top of a tile roof.
If they won’t go on the roof they may well not want to use it because they are responsible for peaking the dish for best signal.

If they won’t go on the roof they may well not want to use it because they are responsible for peaking the dish for best signal.
Only to an approved level. 35 and above, although shops make have a stricter standard. As long as it passes QA, most wont care.

dish has screwy safety polices!!! mine had to go on the roof 100 FT up even though we had an elevator at the time and the roof was flat they refused to install it.

Only to an approved level. 35 and above, although shops make have a stricter standard. As long as it passes QA, most wont care.
As a devil’s advocate, let’s say that the approved level minimum causes lots of rain fade even in minor showers. Who will be responsible to peak that dish to correct the issue. Or, let’s say the LNB goes out, who is responsible to replace it.

As a devil’s advocate, let’s say that the approved level minimum causes lots of rain fade even in minor showers. Who will be responsible to peak that dish to correct the issue. Or, let’s say the LNB goes out, who is responsible to replace it.
the 2nd tech. As long as it is not 3, 60, or 90 days.

the 2nd tech. As long as it is not 3, 60, or 90 days.
Or, the second tech, probably from the same shop, goes to the boss and says we didn’t put the dish there and the boss says, place a new dish where the OP didn’t want it. The OP gets mad at DISH. If I were the original installer I would hesitate to use a dish that I can’t get to because it is on a roof that I am prohibited from walking on. I just see trouble brewing here either now or later.

Or, the second tech, probably from the same shop, goes to the boss and says we didn’t put the dish there and the boss says, place a new dish where the OP didn’t want it. The OP gets mad at DISH. If I were the original installer I would hesitate to use a dish that I can’t get to because it is on a roof that I am prohibited from walking on. I just see trouble brewing here either now or later.
I see your point, I just don’t see most techs caring as much.

Good point.

To simplify things I think I will just let them install the dish wherever they think is best. Then if I don't like it I can always move it later. The advantage is that if I decide I want to move it after the install, at least I will be able to use the Hopper to peak the signal.

Reactions: Bobby

Just so you are aware, a hybrid LNBF is not required for a Hopper Duo. In fact, I have never used a hybrid LNBF for mine. The only hybrid piece of equipment that would be needed would be a hybrid hub, and that is only required if you want to add a Joey (which I have also never used). So, the Dish Pro Plus LNBF connected directly to the Hopper Duo would work just fine.

Not knocking you, but it just makes me think of the lady that tried to sue McDonald’s for not discounting the quarter pounder with cheese, because she didn’t want cheese. She lost. I laughed.
I always hate it when Burger King charges extra for cheese on the Whopper. That is why I never order it with cheese anymore. I would rather take it home and put my own slice of cheese on it, instead of paying 30 cents extra for one slice of cheese. (The 30 cents was what I was charged the last time I got one with cheese. So, the price may have gone up since then.) :eek:

I always hate it when Burger King charges extra for cheese on the Whopper. That is why I never order it with cheese anymore. I would rather take it home and put my own slice of cheese on it, instead of paying 30 cents extra for one slice of cheese. (The 30 cents was what I was charged the last time I got one with cheese. So, the price may have gone up since then.) :eek:
What if it was the same cost, and those that didn’t want cheese still had to pay the same? That’s what was at stake. The agree with Mickey D’s on that one. It wasn’t a separate item, they just decided to customize it.

What if it was the same cost, and those that didn’t want cheese still had to pay the same? That’s what was at stake. The agree with Mickey D’s on that one. It wasn’t a separate item, they just decided to customize it.
I agree that those customers should not have to pay for the cheese. However, I get back at Mickey D's by customizing my breakfast order. I order a Bacon, Egg, and Cheese McMuffin (which is not something that they normally put on the menu). I might get charged a different price, depending on how they ring it up. They can either do it as a Sausage, Egg, and Cheese McMuffin (substitute Bacon) or as a Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Biscuit (substitute Muffin). Even if I get charged the "same price" as a normal order, at least I made them go through the hassle of customizing it for me. :D

By no means am I saying McDonald’s is good. I actually go out of my way to not get them. But if that’s their menu, that’s their menu in the lawsuit case. Changing their menu to remove an item, doesn’t necessarily mean you get a cheaper option.

By no means am I saying McDonald’s is good. I actually go out of my way to not get them. But if that’s their menu, that’s their menu in the lawsuit case. Changing their menu to remove an item, doesn’t necessarily mean you get a cheaper option.
Yeah, I could see them itemizing a 30 cent credit on the receipt, and then offsetting it with a 30 cent "customization fee" so that the total price would remain the same, but everything would be spelled out clearly. :D

Of course, that would just make the receipts longer, and waste more paper. And nobody likes longer receipts! :eek:

I stopped at a McDonald's one time because there was nothing else around. They had Big Macs on sale at 2 for $2. I ordered one Big Mac. They charged me $2.49. I said "F*** it, give me two Big Macs". I always try to get along with the people who are handling my food.

Reactions: navychop and N6BY
I just ordered Dish AT 120 without locals channels (a.k.a. "The Cheese" :biggrin )

I had it my way (oh wait that's the Burger King jingle).

This is less than I was paying when I had YouTube TV and Orby (current provider).

Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 9.20.25 PM.png

dish has screwy safety polices!!! mine had to go on the roof 100 FT up even though we had an elevator at the time and the roof was flat they refused to install it.

I installed my own back years ago. Right above the head level on the side of my shed. I did not want it on the house as if there was any adjustment to be made down road, getting to the dish was an issue. Plus if it is damaged from our high winds in the Winter, the roof would not be damaged.

Reactions: pattykay and krynn
What's the duration away to constitute being a NEW customer? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk