211 from Ebay

Stratojak

Original poster
May 11, 2005
N.J.
Okay, 6000's fan is really getting irritating (in the bedroom) so I'm thinking of purchasing, not leasing, a 211. I know from reading the fourms that there are some growing pains with this receiver but I think Dish will eventually straighten this out...anyway, anyone buy these from Ebay sellers? Think I'll have a problem activating? These sellers are posting prices of around $250, much cheaper than dish or the usual Dish sellers......guess if not, I could replace/rebuild fan housing again or just cut the wires to the fan......

:confused:

I havent bought a 211 on ebay, but i did buy a 942 last year. If you make sure the seller provide's you with the R00 # (receiver no) and the S00# (smartcard no) and then check with dish that they are both free and clear you shouldnt have any issues activating it. Well i didnt with my 942 anyway. Hope this helps.

Yes, true I'd own it....already on the leash/lease ??? for a 942 and I'd rather not lease another piece of equipment from Dish. Thanks everyone for responses, I'll check out the Ebayers and perhaps call Dish to confirm that I'd be able to activate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)