211 HDMI connection

clapple

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Nov 26, 2004
Palm derset, Ca.
Am I forgetting something? I have had my 211 connected with component cables, to my Vizio TV. Works fine. Ended up with an extra HDMI cable. Hook it up and selected the HDMI input on the TV. NO PICTURE OR SOUND! When Component input is selected it still works fine. Is there something else I need to do? :confused:

Am I forgetting something? I have had my 211 connected with component cables, to my Vizio TV. Works fine. Ended up with an extra HDMI cable. Hook it up and selected the HDMI input on the TV. NO PICTURE OR SOUND! When Component input is selected it still works fine. Is there something else I need to do? :confused:
Use the HDMI by itself. Disconnect the Componet. See if this does not solve your problem.

How old is your 211? Some of the older 211's (2 or so years ago) were known for having bad hdmi jacks. If you know your cable is good you could hook up the hdmi cable and gently wiggle it where it connects to the dish box to see if the pic comes on. If it does you have a bad hdmi jack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)