211 lost HD authorization this A.M.?

Called back and had to add the new HD pack. After adding the new HD package and then deleting the old HD package and the Voom original charges my bill went up about $4.00. Just see it as taking the price hike a little early. All HD channels working now.

ggw2000 said:
Got home tonight and all the new channels were there in the guide, a couple minutes later they all turned red:eek: . Called dish CSR and she couldn't figure it out- Transferred to tech support and he couldn't get them back either. He said he was turning it over to a special group and I would get a call in 24-48 hours:mad: . I asked him twice if I needed to upgrade to a metal package and he said no. I might call back later and try again.... Gerry

Yes, just keep calling until you get the right person on the phone. That is what I had to do. It's a roll of the dice.

I called and upgraded this afternoon. An hour later I had to call back to tech support because the channels were still RED. "Chuck" was very nice and knowledgable, but he was coming up with all kinds of software issues like punch in the code for platinum (shows up gold). He got them up and my bill went up about $2-3.

They're back but 6300-6303 gone?

jKp said:
Yes, just keep calling until you get the right person on the phone. That is what I had to do. It's a roll of the dice.

I got a call back from advanced tech support of some sort. Turns out that they need to add the "metal" package in order to get the new channels turned on. But I did not get 6300-6303 back:( . (network HD out of NY). I had them this morning but I think they fixed their S/W and if you do not live in the NYC DMA they turned them off. There was hope that they would leave them on if you now have Distant Networks and waivers. Doesn't look like this is going to happen. Anyone out side of the NY DMA that is still getting them? If so, would you tell us where you live? Thanks, Gerry

Call me stupid, but I am confused...

I have a 411 and a 6000, both owned, not leased, HD pack and Voom pack. Thats all. The 7 new channels appeared and were viewable last night. Tonight they are in red on the guide.

Do I need to upgrade my grandfathered HD packs? Or do I have some other issue needing a hit from Dish? I realize the 6000 wont get the mpeg4 channels.

I dont really want to upgrade to a full metallic pack just yet, waiting to see where OLN might show up, and then decide which SD channels I want/need. I just want all the HD right now, what do I need, a receiver hit, or sign up for the new $30 HD pack? And if its an upgrade, it can only be done over phone right, these new packs dont seem to be listed online for purchase?

Sorry for asking these questions, I have been deliberately trying to avoid calling because of the rush of calls, and not wanting to confuse a CSR thinking I need a receiver or something.

You will need to call if

Kirby Baker said:
I have a 411 and a 6000, both owned, not leased, HD pack and Voom pack. Thats all. The 7 new channels appeared and were viewable last night. Tonight they are in red on the guide.

Do I need to upgrade my grandfathered HD packs? Or do I have some other issue needing a hit from Dish? I realize the 6000 wont get the mpeg4 channels.

I dont really want to upgrade to a full metallic pack just yet, waiting to see where OLN might show up, and then decide which SD channels I want/need. I just want all the HD right now, what do I need, a receiver hit, or sign up for the new $30 HD pack? And if its an upgrade, it can only be done over phone right, these new packs dont seem to be listed online for purchase?

Sorry for asking these questions, I have been deliberately trying to avoid calling because of the rush of calls, and not wanting to confuse a CSR thinking I need a receiver or something.

If you want the 5 new vooms and Universal/Espn2, you will have to call and upgrade your package to one of the "metal" packages to get them on your 411. If you want just what you have then you do not need to call and you will have what you had before.. Gerry

Kirby,

If you want to view the 7 new HD channels on your 411 then you will need to sub to a "Metalic" pack or the stand alone HD pack. Your 6000 won't get the 7 new channels though.

Ok, so if I sign up for the base metal pack, and then need to upgrade to another to get OLN (if it ever comes) will I get charged an upgrade fee? If not, then I might as well get the base metal pack that includes SD, instead of the HD only $30 pack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)