211 Optical port

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cincy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2006
I had a 211 installed and then bought the HDMI cable and an optical cable. I have the HDMI cable running from the TV to the 211 and the optical cable running from the 211 to my receiver. I cannot get any sound on the OTA channels at all. Can anyone help?

Its probably the HDMI cable thats the problem. I had HDMI to my TV, took it out.. used component cables + optical and everything worked better. Although the picture looked worse. I can't believe a lot of people out there can't tell the difference between component and HDMI/DVI.

If all the HDMI cable is doing is carrying the video signal, then I seriously doubt it is the source of the problem. Have you checked the audio set up options on your 211? maybe it isn't properly set up.

I checked the settings on the 211. It is set to Dolby/PCM which should be fine. What other setting should I check? What is weird is that the rest of the channels whether it be HD or non HD work fine, it is just the OTA channels. I have a Panasonic SA-HT920 DVD and surround sound receiver and a Panasonic TH-50PX50U TV. Thanks for all the suggestions so far.

Run standard A/V cables to your TV and check to see if you have audio on the OTA you may have a problem with the ATSC tuner in the 211 if only OTA channels are affected.

Not sure about the 211, but on my 622 and previous 942, in the modulation setup there is a Line vs RF check box. If RF is checked, there was no optical output. I have to insure that Line is checked.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for all the tips! What I changed was the HDTV setup. I had to switch the analog type from offair to cable and it worked fine.

cincy said:
I checked the settings on the 211. It is set to Dolby/PCM which should be fine. What other setting should I check? What is weird is that the rest of the channels whether it be HD or non HD work fine, it is just the OTA channels. I have a Panasonic SA-HT920 DVD and surround sound receiver and a Panasonic TH-50PX50U TV. Thanks for all the suggestions so far.

The 211 has had this problem from the onset. Reboot the 211 and you should get your OTA sound back until you change channels out of OTA; and sometimes when you return back to OTA you will have the same problem again:mad:

It's another way that the E* pisses off people:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts