211 Problem downloading the program guide (Update)

llueveYescampa

Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
Hi all,

The problem with the program guide remains in my receiver (see original post below), but I thing I know what is causing it.

As I mentioned in a previous post, if I retrieve the receiver's factory defaults (Main Menu-6-5) the receiver is able to retrieve the program guide again, but after one or two days the problem shows again.

After some trail-and-error, now I know that if I erase all my local digital channels ( I am getting my locals Over The Air ) the program guide start working properly again. But, as soon as I add local (OTA) channels again and force a power reset (or a check switch) to initialize the receiver, the original behavior (program guide not downloading) returns.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Any sugestions?

The original post is below....

Hi all,

My 211 receiver stops downloading the program guide. At any given time, the program guide only has the current and the following event. If I try to go beyond the following event I get an error 318 (Program information is outdated. Do you want to retrieve the information now?) If you say yes, you get attention 330 (the program information is now being downloaded......) and stay there forever.

A technician for Dish network came and we both concluded that the problem was in my receiver. (The signal strength from my Dish 1000 is above 87% for all satellites 110, 119,129).

I got a new receiver but after a couple o days the problem begins in the new receiver also. Now I know that if I retrieve the receiver factory defaults (Main Menu-6-5) the receiver is able to retrieve the program guide again, but after one or two days the problem shows again.

Has anyone have a similar problem?
Any ideas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts