211 program guide = frequent updates required

wmoyes

Original poster
Mar 26, 2006
N 38º57', W 92º23'
I've seen this discussed here, but if there's been an answer, I've missed it.

My 211 receiver is very frequently asking to update the program guide after I turn on the receiver to watch TV. When that window appears, there are options for Yes, No, and Cancel. The only choice that works is Yes. Select anything else and the window refreshes with the same three options, until you select Yes and the guide updates.

I have the receiver turned off all the times unless I'm actually watching the TV. In the menu, I have program guide updating enabled for 3 a.m. Software version is L436. There isn't a phone line attached, but that shouldn't matter for guide info, right?

Why isn't the update being done at the scheduled time instead of always while I'm wanting to watch something?

A few months ago (2 firmware updates ago) I had the same problem with my 211. Since then I have had no problem. I really don't know what the problem was since I didn't change any setup. I assumed it was one of the firmware updates, but since you are experiencing the same thing I'm not sure now. Sorry I don't have any answers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)