211 recorded Rose Bowl Parade for 76 hours

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
I have a 722 and a 211 with external hard drive. I do not use the 211 much. My wife recorded the Rose Bowl Parade on Thursday, but never went back to watch it. Today, Sunday, I went to the 211 and the current date on it was 1/1/2009. It said it was recording the Rose Bowl Parade. I turned on the My Recordings List and the parade was listed at 76 hours and 22 minutes and still recording. I stoped the recording and deleted it. When I hit the Live TV button the date changed to the current date and time. I reset the update timer for one minute from now and the 211 rebooted on the one minute timer. When the picture came back on, I pushed the Live TV button, but got no channel, program list at the top of the page. I pushed the guide button and got no guide and then pushed the menu button and got no menu. I then unplugged the 211 and rebooted it. The light came on, but it went off and stayed off. I waited at least five minutes and then pushed the power button on the front of the 211. It rebooted and everything now works. Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them with the 211?

One possible "user error" reason this could happen is she hit the "Record" button while it was on, then the options, and for whatever reason picked the "end manually" setting.

I do not think that is what happened, since the date at the top of the screen was still 1/1/2009 and the real date is 1/4/2009. Too bad I deleted it. I probably could have had more info available, but it was taking up 76 hours of my hard drive in HD. The schedule screen just shows start time 10:34Am and end time 12:20PM. No date is listed other than Thurs 1/1 at the top of program description.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)