211 Running Bug Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You aren't alone.

A new problem showed up last night -- loss of video. I first thought that the HDMI connection was lost, but it was fine. The screen saver appeared when I truned it off.

I had to reboot to restore video.

My 211's are still running pretty well. The biggest issue I have is when the reciever skips to the wrong channel when changing channels. It seems to only happen when I switch down through the channel list. I've never seen it while switching up.

Mario

On my 211 i am starting to get the black screen of death and seems to be getting worse as days go on tryed reboots and still getting it, will be sitting watching a show and the video go black for like 15 seconds and comes back it has no set pattern it does it when it likes.

Checked everything wires, switchs, did check switch test passed, checked tv, even lifted box up to see if it was overheating but still got the problem.

So weres the update for the 211's or is Dish to busy pushing DVR"S at 300 buxs a pop to worry about us right now.

Come on Dish we pay just like everyone else does

intrac said:
You aren't alone.

A new problem showed up last night -- loss of video. I first thought that the HDMI connection was lost, but it was fine. The screen saver appeared when I truned it off.

I had to reboot to restore video.

Why do you think this is new - there are at least 5 others that have reported loss of video in this thread.

My 211 stopped working Wednesday. Ran check switch, checked cables,lnbf and diplexers. All good. 211 would reset download guide and reset again. Called dish and told them what was gong on and without jumping through the normal hoops to get a replacement they sent one out via ups. Maybe it is a known issue. Dish has never repaced a box for me without going thru test after test several front panel resets. Just find that odd

Heck, I am on my 4th receiver. This one is more stable then some. Still problems. When were these released? I have been a subscriber since '99. I had the regular recivers until the 2002 Winter Olympics and purchased a 6000. Granted the 6000 had its "burps" but nothing like this.

Not sure if this should be on this thread, but I'll post it anyway. If it needs to be moved, please move it.

I am experiencing severe pixelation of the DC local HD's using the 211 No OTA antenna). This just started happening yesterday. Dish supposedly did a s/w upgrade within the last few days. Don't know wether it can be attributed to this, but the problem didn't before the upgrade.

Now, I just got off the phone with Dish Tech Support and they told me that this is the first time that they heard about this problem. Additionally, they told me that the s/w upgrade was a couple of weeks ago.

Anyway, if anyone else in the Washington, DC DMA is having this problem, please notify Dish Tech Support.

Since the upgrade to 2.65, audio sync appears better, but I've lost one local OTA HD channel (signal strength appears as 85%, but no video and audio) and channel 56 (WTVS - Detroit) on 110 , spotbeam 12, which shows no signal.

Is there a problem with this spotbeam or has it moved?

HDTVFanAtic said:
265 just fed in the last 2 days or so - not weeks ago - so that info is incorrect - typical CSR!

It wasn't a CSR, it was Tech Support. But you are right, because before last week I didn't have the Dish generated HD guide.

And as an update to my problem, It has cleared up. Local HD's look great. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)