211 Upgrade Installation was Great

ewhite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 16, 2006
I read a lot of negative comments about Dish Network here. I just upgraded my 811 to the VIP211, so I could get all the HD channels Dish Network offers. I could not be happier with the results. Everything went very smoothly.

The Tech arrived on time and was very knowledgeable about what is necessary for a good HD installation. A 211 and a Dish 1000 were to be installed. There were issues with trees, so the Dish 1000 would not work. The Tech was able to find one opening where a second dish could be pointed. He installed a second dish, ran extra cable, installed a DP34 switch and change several cable connectors that inadequate. They did not charge anything for all the extra time and material.

Dish Network did a first class job. I have been a customer for almost 2 years and have always been treated well.

Keep up the good work Dish Network.

I also had a good install when I changed over from a 811 to VIP 211 - have dish at 61.5 and second one - 500 for 119/110 with a sw21. Only possible problem here in Minneapolis, Tech said I did not need 1000 for locals as they were on 110:confused: Since I am not getting locals anyway did not question at the time, but now not sure. If I want locals later, I may need to have this done, but still will want 61.5 for skyangel, HD, etc. Besides, from what I've read, the 129 bird is lousy for signal strength:neener Oh well!

ewhite said:
...I could not be happier with the results. Everything went very smoothly.
Glad to see a positive report - they're outweighed by the complaints by a large margin...
...A 211 and a Dish 1000 were to be installed...
I'm curious - Since you were upgrading from an 811, what dish(es) did you have installed originally? Although the 211 can receive anything that has a MPEG-2 or -4 header, I'm not aware that the source sats. were any different. Did you also add locals or some additional programming that required a sat you weren't already receiving?
...Dish Network did a first class job. I have been a customer for almost 2 years and have always been treated well...
I have been with them for over 7 years and my "complaints" are only nit-picks.

Enjoy your new toy! BRgds...

bhelms said:
Glad to see a positive report - they're outweighed by the complaints by a large margin...

I'm curious - Since you were upgrading from an 811, what dish(es) did you have installed originally? Although the 211 can receive anything that has a MPEG-2 or -4 header, I'm not aware that the source sats. were any different. Did you also add locals or some additional programming that required a sat you weren't already receiving?

I have been with them for over 7 years and my "complaints" are only nit-picks.

Enjoy your new toy! BRgds...

With the 811 and the Dish 500 I was able to get the HD from 110, but only about 5 channels. Now I can get all HD channels including the Locals from Minneapolis

ewhite said:
With the 811 and the Dish 500 I was able to get the HD from 110, but only about 5 channels. Now I can get all HD channels including the Locals from Minneapolis
Got it. I guess you could get all the old HD Pack off 110, but not Voom or the LiLs...

ewhite said:
Got it - Tks...