211 versus 211K

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ranran

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 17, 2011
Man WV
I have 2 receivers, a 211k that I have had close to 2 years, and a 211 that I have had for about one month or so, Error code 004 shows up on the 211 a few times a week. I have secure connections, so could it be in the receiver itself, maybe the software? If it was the LNB, wouldn't it show up on both receivers?

I have 2 receivers, a 211k that I have had close to 2 years, and a 211 that I have had for about one month or so, Error code 004 shows up on the 211 a few times a week. I have secure connections, so could it be in the receiver itself, maybe the software? If it was the LNB, wouldn't it show up on both receivers?

The 004 error message is normally switch related and it can effect just one receiver. If you would like to PM me your account information I will assist you in getting this issue resolved. Thank you!

Once this week, error code 004 showed as soon as I turned on the tv in the morning, like something happened during nightly update.

My power went off for about 5 minutes one week ago , receiver was on and went through acquiring signal and downloading program guide again. Would that not be the same thing?

I did a check-switch test all green all ok. This happens occasionaly and the next time, I am going to check my other 211k and see if the message has appeared. If not, I think the 211 installed on Nov. 16 needs to be replaced.

I did a check-switch test all green all ok. This happens occasionaly and the next time, I am going to check my other 211k and see if the message has appeared. If not, I think the 211 installed on Nov. 16 needs to be replaced.

It would be better to swap the receivers to see if the problem follows the receiver, or if the problem is with the location

ok I will let someone know. I have doubts though, The rg-6 going to this receiver is brand new and all connections are tight.

water can get inside the connectors or even the cable. Cables can have slight breaks in it

Just because its brand new cable doesnt mean they can have issues ;)

Where the cable from the dish connects to the ground block, it is in a dry area, the only place it could get in is at the dish itself, however, the error code 004 just doesn't show up on "wet" days. Could it be a grounding issue with the AC wiring?

One other thing, it may be just a coincedence, but usually this happens when there is an uplink change, and stations are changed by Dish from one satellite to another. When my locals were moved from 77 to 61.5 the next morning, the error code appeared. Strange.........

I am having the EXACT same situation happen to me as well. My old 211 receiver requires a reset almost every day now, but no problems with my 211k. once it resets, it works fine, then the next day..boom..same error message again of lost signal

If you haven't changed locations of the reciever yet, i would go ahead and do that, if the problem follows the reciever then a replacement is more than likely in order.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)