211K and Carryout problem

Al Fischer

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2012
Clovis, Calif
In my RV I have a VIP211K with a Weingard Carryout dish. All was working yesterday.
I just hooked uo as always but only receive Sat 119. Ran a check switch and it shows
connected to a SW64 as normal, but having less satellites. Ran a Mwnu-6-1-3 and only
119 shows green. 110 and 129 have red x. Ran a Menu 611 110 shows strength of 46
but connected to wrong satelite 119. 129 does the same. Exactly same strength.
Took the cover off the dish and watched the initial power up process. Appears to move
normally and at the end appears to 'look at' each of the 3 birds. With the 211
I then ran a Menu 611 and selecteed 110,then 119, then 129. The dish did not move.
I can view Tv but only 119 channels. I also tried a new coax.
My question is which unit is failing? How does the command from the 211 get sent to
the dish? Problem is that I on the road with another month before returning home.
All help will be appreciated.

The 211 can be very finicky. Try unplugging the dish and running a check switch. When it completes and finds no sats, save the result. Then, re-connect the dish and run setup again.

Have you used the receiver on any other dish lately?

The 211 can be very finicky. Try unplugging the dish and running a check switch. When it completes and finds no sats, save the result. Then, re-connect the dish and run setup again.

Have you used the receiver on any other dish lately?

It has been working for the past month on this 211K. Have run check switch multiple times. Had 100% view of a clear blue sky. I will try with dish disconnected.

Tried it. Still has the problem. Only change was the screen for 613 now doesn't show the three satellites. Only shows that there is a problem. 611 still shows 110 and 129 as 119.

I suppose they will send me another 211 but today we are in Ft Laramie Wy and Tuesday leaving for Mt Rushmore. Been travelling a month now and have another month to go.
What I really would like is to find another RVer with a 211 and try it!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)