211K Developed a problem with EHD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mmcl26554

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
Northern WV
The power supply for the EHD on my 211K died, I repaired it but now when I turn it on the 211K loses it connection to DishNetwork and says there is a loss of signal. Turn the EHD off and picture returns. I have connected the EHD to a 722K and it recognizes it and of course wants to format it because it is from a 211k. I can also connect it to my laptop and see the EXT3 format on the hard drive, just what i should see. I assume the death of the EHD's power supply also took out the USB port (or vice versa) and the 211k will have to be replaced. Anyone have experience with this issue and is my assumption correct?
Michael

try this...dont know if it will work but the other day I had the 211k not recognize the drive
unplug the 211k for 30 seconds
replug back in and let it reboot through (leave the hard drive unplugged from the 211)
then install the hard drive

see if it takes the HD then

The 211k has had a hard boot but I do not know if the EHD was on or off so I will try it again specifically with it off. One thing I for got to say in the original post was that turning on the EHD causes a reboot of the 211k and then is when it comes up with the "No signal" message as it is booting up.
Michael

if you get the "no signal" screen go into the 211 and do a check switch.

I've seen it do that too but at the time I had a non-standard...dare I say "ghetto" setup. It was a Directv Phase II with 2 Legacy LNB's and a 36" dish with a Legacy LNB combined with a SW31 switch...yeah I know. I have a Legacy Twin and a SW now so I havent seen that issue in the last few days
What Dish setup do you have?

It is Super dish 105 with the the adapter for 3 LNB's and a DP34 switch. It is funny that the EHD causes a reboot and loss of signal when turned on. If the 211K is damaged I have the extended dish warranty so they will send me a replacement, but if I can restore this on that is better.
Michael

so do you see 110,119 and 129?

I know when I originally was getting set up I had 119 & 129 (welcome pack so 110 really wasn't needed) and I got lots of "signal loss" screens. The DIRT folks chalked it up to the 211 not seeing all 3 sats

Just got done. The error message of "No signal" was from the TV. The original hard drive did not seem to work with the 211k any longer, as when it was turned on the 211 would reboot and never come back on. However, when I swapped the hard drive, installed a different hard drive in the EHD case, then it reformatted the new hard drive, rebooted and came back up and all is now well. It's funny that the original hard drive was recognized by my 722k, but probably needs to be reformatted. I will reformat it with my computer and do an in depth surface scan and see what comes up. So the problem was misinterpreting the error message and a bad drive.
Michael

After a power failure, my 211 did not see my ehd. Dish replaced my 211 but that didn't help. Finally I changed out the power supply with an extra that I had and my 211 saw the ehd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)