211K EHD issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Blackloz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
Minot,ND
I was over at my elderly neighbors yesterday and he has a 211K that he’s had for years I installed a 2 TB ehd for him about 3 years ago and every so often when deleting recorded events the receiver will lock up and reboot. He says this sometimes happens twice in a day or not at all for weeks on end. The EHD appears ok and not running hot with 385hrs of space available so it’s not full. I think it might be the receiver as he is missing about 5 channels he’s subscribed to. Dish has tried to wipe his subscription from his receiver and re add it again and was able to get one missing channel back but not the rest. I think he needs a new access card. Rather than send out a new card Dish wants to get him into a new Dish Duo DVR. He’s not sure what to do. I’m puzzled as to why his 211K would lock up when deleting events. Also in addition he runs his OTA into the 211K so he’s hesitant to change it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any Dish DVR will cost him more and I'm sorry to hear Dish recommending that rather than just sending him a new card or receiver. If you unplug the EHD, does the receiver get all the channels he's subbed to? (Seems very unlikely.) You could try a different EHD and see if that fixes the crashes. Is it an externally powered EHD?

Which channels is he missing?

Reactions: HipKat
Hi yes it is externally powered and the missing channels are gone with or without it on the receiver the two issues are probably not related I’d guess. The channels he’s missing are AXS,Boomerang, Bravo, Discovery and ESPN U. He was also missing CNBC but that one came back after Dish re hit the receiver. We verified that they weren’t locked out or anything of that sort. It seems like a new access card would fix the issue. We might try phoning back and see one night next week

Reactions: TheKrell
Have you tried replacing the hard drive, perhaps the OS on the old one has gotten corrupted and a fresh one might download and work better.

I was over at my elderly neighbors yesterday and he has a 211K that he’s had for years I installed a 2 TB ehd for him about 3 years ago and every so often when deleting recorded events the receiver will lock up and reboot. He says this sometimes happens twice in a day or not at all for weeks on end. The EHD appears ok and not running hot with 385hrs of space available so it’s not full. I think it might be the receiver as he is missing about 5 channels he’s subscribed to. Dish has tried to wipe his subscription from his receiver and re add it again and was able to get one missing channel back but not the rest. I think he needs a new access card. Rather than send out a new card Dish wants to get him into a new Dish Duo DVR. He’s not sure what to do. I’m puzzled as to why his 211K would lock up when deleting events. Also in addition he runs his OTA into the 211K so he’s hesitant to change it

Hey Blackloz. I am so sorry to hear this was the experience your neighbor had with us when contacting about this technical issue. While the rebooting issue does sound like it could be caused by the hard drive since it is only occurring when accessing it, that definitely shouldn't be causing the receiver to start missing channels. When we do reach the last step, and we have decided that either a technician or a replacement unit is the best option to resolve this issue, we do sometimes offer upgrading the equipment instead, however, this is not mandatory. He can just express that he wants to keep his current receiver, and we will take to appropriate action to resolved the issue. While I wish that I could get this resolved for him myself, we would need access to his account. I would recommend that is contact us again whether it be through a phone call or chat as we would want to get this issue resolved! -Caleb S

Thanks that’s good to know. Later on this week or weekend I’m going back over and we are going to go over the differences between the two and he can decide what he wants to do either get a new card or go with the Dish Duo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)