211k keeps turning off

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Claude Greiner

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Detroit - The Paris of the Midwest
I got a customer who subscribes to 1 international channel on Dish and we have it modulated through the entire house.

Since it's only 1 channel, why pay additional receiver fees so we decided to modulate the signal.

The customer calls me every day and says the receiver into standby and has to turn it back on.

I went in the menu on the 211 and I believe under preferences turned off the standby feature. I think it's the save screen you set the time for the receiver to get its updates.

Anything I could be doing wrong here?

Suggestions?

Try changing thhe remote address. its possible that receiver and a nearby dish customer is turning their receiver off and accidently turning yours off too.

in any case trying this cant hurt

I got a customer who subscribes to 1 international channel on Dish and we have it modulated through the entire house.

Since it's only 1 channel, why pay additional receiver fees so we decided to modulate the signal.

The customer calls me every day and says the receiver into standby and has to turn it back on.

I went in the menu on the 211 and I believe under preferences turned off the standby feature. I think it's the save screen you set the time for the receiver to get its updates.

Anything I could be doing wrong here?

Suggestions?
All the VIPs go into Standby after the nightly update.
I guess I'm not seeing the issue.
You have to turn your TV on no?
Whats it hurt to press another button?

You know DISH has to go into standby nightly to update guide and software. Try setting a timer to turn it back on after download.

How would I do that?

Is it just a matter of setting up the receiver to auto tune on a channel after the update?

All I want is for the receiver to stay on 24/7

I don't care if it shuts down for 5 minutes during the update I just want it to turn back on

You know DISH has to go into standby nightly to update guide and software. Try setting a timer to turn it back on after download.
All dual tuner SD and VIP HD receiver on residential account have to take updates, you have to set a timer after it takes the update

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)