211k or 211z?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

taylorjm

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 5, 2016
Saginaw, MI
So I ordered 2 of the 211z receivers to purchase for a rv. Just using an older 1000.2 with the eastern lnb on a tripod. I ordered them right from dish and are supposed to be activated on our account when they arrive. I haven't received them yet, but the invoice says they are shipping me the 211k models. What's the difference between the 2? They are being used on HD flatscreens with hdmi inputs. If I do get the 211k, should I call and tell them I ordered the 211z? They were $50 each, so we aren't talking a lot of money, but I don't know the difference to know if it's worth it or not. They actually told me the 211k were $150 each and the 211z were $50 each.

The K is a better model IMO. It has a built in over the air module, and if you use the interactive feature it's built in too.

Actually, I think I found the answer. The 211k has the ota receiver and multiple output formats and the 211z requires a dongle and is only hdmi. the ota part doesn't concern me because where I'm at won't get an ota channels. If that's the only difference then I'm not worried about it. I thought I read the 211z is faster, but not sure how that equates to anything useful.

I have both and prefer the 211k over the 211z. Being OTA with the 211k means alot to me. They both use the same remote. The z , I use the OTA Adapter. I remember when I tried to activate the 211z, that took way to much time an effort. The 211k was easy and only one call. Wow, Dish said the 211 k's were $150.00. That is high, I didn't pay even close to that! But...........they do offer the WAlly's for around $50.00 if I remember right. You will need a OTA adapter for that also! Hey, good luck!

I have both and prefer the 211k over the 211z. Being OTA with the 211k means alot to me. They both use the same remote. The z , I use the OTA Adapter. I remember when I tried to activate the 211z, that took way to much time an effort. The 211k was easy and only one call. Wow, Dish said the 211 k's were $150.00. That is high, I didn't pay even close to that! But...........they do offer the WAlly's for around $50.00 if I remember right. You will need a OTA adapter for that also! Hey, good luck!
I paid $55 for my 211k, and $80 for my 211z both from Ebay.
The K was a refurb, and z was brand new.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

They actually told me the 211k were $150 each and the 211z were $50 each.
The last time I contacted Dish to get a replacement receiver, earlier this year, they told me that the 211k is $50. Heck, last year Dish told me that a 211k would be $99, so a $150 price for that would really be a rip-off.

Solid Signal has both the 211k and the 211z for the same price, $89

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)