211K receiver, what dish?

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
If I were to consider installing a system in upstate NY with a 211K receiver and thinking about line of sight, what sats would this receiver use? Could I use a Dish 500 that I have a dozen of or does it need the eastern arc for programming?

depends on the market but most of NY is on Eastern Arc

Folks have taken a D500 and used it for EA (for 72 & 61 only)...signals are a smidge lower than normal but it works.

I'll ask since you are a FTA'er....are you looking at the Welcome Pack for programming or something else? If Welcome Pack, you could use the D500 on 110/119 as there is no HD chanels. But any other package (unless you dont want HD) would require EA or a Dish 1000.2 on Western Arc

Probably higher than the Welcome pack, I'm getting household pressure for kids channels that will realistically never come back to C band. But I really don't want a contract.

in regards to locals and what arc you need

WA for SD, EA for HD (EA can be used for SD too as the non HD stations are mirrored)
Albany
Binghamton
Utica
Syracuse

WA only (no HD)
Elmira
Watertown

Probably higher than the Welcome pack, I'm getting household pressure for kids channels that will realistically never come back to C band. But I really don't want a contract.

OK...if you want HD then its back to location and whether or not you want to ghetto rig a D500 on Eastern Arc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)