This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

211K vs Wally, which uses less power?

Joe Satellite Fan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 7, 2010
Palisade, Colorado
I just bought a newer smaller RV and want to do some Boondocking. Which uses less electricity? I already have the 211K (owned) but the Wally has a smaller footprint (so I've read) which is an advantage. Planning on getting the Wingard 7000 (never going to have 2 TVs).

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but as I recall the Wally draws less power than the 211K. Instead of the Winegard PL-7000 dish, I recommend the Pathway X2. It has a slightly larger dish and is capable of receiving both arcs in full for more aiming opportunities.

Ok, after a little searching around, it looks like the Wally pulls about 8 watts, and the 211k about 20 watts.

It’s all listed on this link broken down by receiver model. If you go with a 211z it’s even less power usage.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: Foxbat and TheKrell
But the ViP 211 will keep you warm on a cold night. I always had to keep it clear by a few inches (no DVD case casually tossed on top) because it runs warm. Even though there’s no hard drive to kill inside, my one 211 cooked a capacitor which caused all sorts of flakiness and eventually caused it to die.

On a limited electrical budget, 8 << 20. Though I’m not sure how the power supplied to a tracking dish system like the Pathway affects those numbers…

Reactions: TheKrell