211k with external hard drive

djacobson

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 26, 2011
warm and sunny ND
I have a 211k with a 1tb hard drive that will no longer record. The 20 hrs of recorded material playback just fine but it will no longer record.The receiver goes through the motions and even in the history will show that it has recorded but it has not recorded.I have done several of the remove EHD and reboots and it still will not record.
The drive is an Iomega with external power that I had laying around.I had to remove a partition and some Iomega software before I got it to work.Its been working for over 2 months I cant imagine that the drive is bad.There are no error codes ever displayed and you cannot pause either.

I deleted about 10 hrs of recordings and now its working. There was 122hrs left to record on the clock but it wouldnt record or pause like the buffer had filled up the drive or the drive has a problem. I guess Ill find out when I get down to the 122hr point again.I want to avoid reformatting for now.

How many recordings did you have on the drive?

There is a limit of 999 or 1,000 recordings, I forget which, not that it makes a lot of difference.

I believe the buffer has its own reserved space and does not impact the other recordings.

There was less than 50 recordings. It is working now we will see when it gets down to the 122hrs left. Thats where it locked up. It could be the IOMEGA hard drive.I had some formatting issues when I hooked it up. There was and IOMEGA program and a partition I had to remove before the 211k would format it properly.

The IOMEGA was one I was going to use for a different purpose. Before buying a western digital I thought I would just try it.Time will tell here in the next couple weeks I should be back to where it originally stopped. If it does Im going for a different hard drive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts