211K With Superdish can't activate ??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MarkM3

Original poster
Apr 7, 2012
East Tennessee
Hi Folks, have a used 211k we are trying to add to our setup. Yes, already checked with Dish on liens.

When chatting with CS to activate and later a Tech, they tell me the 211k is incompatible with our current sat dish. They have someone coming out to switch us to a newer dish this coming week. Which is fine as our HD locals are on 129 and we need the new setup for those to work.

While I don't mind waiting to have it work, I am curious to what prevents it from at least being activated and allowing us to at least recieve what we do now off of 110 and 119 till they get here.

So is it really Totally incompatible, or are the CSR's just giving a generic "it's an HD receiver and YOU are not setup with a slick NEW dish" answer ?

I've tried connecting the 211k to one of the receiver ports on the DP34 and the Coax running to it is RG6. It does show a HD test channel Dish 101 and the Guide Downloads. I assume these show up even without actual activation.

Any chance in Hades of the Install Tech having a Repoint Kit for the SuperDish ? We've only had signal loss a couple times in all these years (unlike neighbors with "new" dish), and would sorta like to keep the bigger dish. If setup correctly do the newer dishes pull in a good signal ? Zip Code is 37873, what should we see as signal if new dish is peaked properly. (Pretty sure I ran across a link with a chart?)

We are in a Western Arc market, so that means a 1000.2 if Super Dish can't be re pointed ?

Current setup is
Super Dish 105
DP34
(2)322's

Thanks for any advise.
Apology's for the rambling post :eek:

Dish had a problem with people getting HD receivers and not upgrading the dish and has since took a stand that without the proper dish, all installs be done by Dish. People who already had the proper dish and HD receivers still need the tech to check the setup before activating the receiver. Dish is very firm on this and has been for some time now.

Dish had a problem with people getting HD receivers and not upgrading the dish and has since took a stand that without the proper dish, all installs be done by Dish. People who already had the proper dish and HD receivers still need the tech to check the setup before activating the receiver. Dish is very firm on this and has been for some time now.

Sounds like some were complaining they were not getting HD with their new HD receiver. Even though sat dish not pointing right and/or not even subbed to any HD package. Or did I misunderstand the point of them not activating with out the upgraded dish ?

Another question. The HD receivers do they upconvert if set to anything other than 480i ? IOW will SD content from the 211k look better on my HDTV compared to an SD receiver ?

Yes they upconvert but upconverted SD is still SD even if you are watching it in 1080.

You have a superdish?My first thought is get rid of that thing. Keeping it is just asking for trouble with the lnbs on that thing.
No repointing your dish.It was designed for 110 119 121 your not going to repoint for 129. The last time I tried to activate a 211 without seeing 129 it wouldn't go even with an activation "hit". Replacing the 500 dish with the 1000.2 it activated right away. I always carry an old dish 500 with me so if I'm on a trouble call with a non HD system and a superdish the superdish is replaced.To me superdish=trouble get rid of it.

the 211k is compatible with any dish or lnb/switch combo
did you actually run a checkswitch on it and make sure the software was current?
was the workorder for the new dish setup before you tried to have them activate it?

djacobson said:
You have a superdish?My first thought is get rid of that thing. Keeping it is just asking for trouble with the lnbs on that thing.
No repointing your dish.It was designed for 110 119 121 your not going to repoint for 129. The last time I tried to activate a 211 without seeing 129 it wouldn't go even with an activation "hit". Replacing the 500 dish with the 1000.2 it activated right away. I always carry an old dish 500 with me so if I'm on a trouble call with a non HD system and a superdish the superdish is replaced.To me superdish=trouble get rid of it.

I realize the Super cannot be repointed as is. But I recall reading about a kit that replaced the LNBs to do so.

TimberWolf said:
the 211k is compatible with any dish or lnb/switch combo
did you actually run a checkswitch on it and make sure the software was current?
was the workorder for the new dish setup before you tried to have them activate it?

Check switch was ran. I have no idea if software was current didn't think of that at the moment. . Maybe if i left it connected overnight it would have updated if needed.

But the CSR and the Tech I chatted with were firm about it not being compatible with current dish. If course no matter how many times I asked. They could not say Why.

Work order was set up by Dish when I tried to activate.

Super Dish LNBS are showing some drift anyways. So it's prob best that they are changing it out.

105 Super Dish

Been a long time since I've seen a 105 Superdish. Yes there is a kit to adadpt the 110,119,118.7, 129 LNB but I seriously doubt the tech will have it. Do you or did you have international programming or was the Superdish for your local channels a long time ago?

More expensive than replacing the Dish with 1000.2. or a 1000+ which is what they will do. Anyway HD is awesome so enjoy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)