211z receiver keeps turning off after nightly updates

pookah

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
USA
How do you guys manage keep your recordings going? I have disabled the inactivity timer but once the receiver takes updates at 3AM, it never comes back up. I have tried scheduling daily auto tune at 4AM but that didnt help.

Any suggestions?

I was thinking that may be the external disk went to sleep and therefore dumped the EEPG and timers.

Set your auto tune to an hour later, maybe the receiver is not through with the update when the timer tries to fire.

It's stunning that Dish has such poor QC that they have to reboot their boxes nightly. I put Dish in 5 restaurants, not knowing of this issue. It is a constant source of frustration because the managers can't figure out how to turn them back on and to the correct channel. In 15 locations that have DirecTV, this is not a problem. The receivers are turned on to the channel we designate and the remotes are taken away to prevent them from changing channels. When the Dish contracts are up, the EQ is being pulled in favor of DirecTV.

Wait...What? There are restaurants in the Phoenix area where employed managers can figure out how to turn on electronics or change a channel. Where are they, cause I'm never eating there.

The nightly reboot is BS. Sometimes I'm up @ 2AM. I'm sick of getting prompted to shut my equipment down.

It's stunning that Dish has such poor QC that they have to reboot their boxes nightly. I put Dish in 5 restaurants, not knowing of this issue. It is a constant source of frustration because the managers can't figure out how to turn them back on and to the correct channel. In 15 locations that have DirecTV, this is not a problem. The receivers are turned on to the channel we designate and the remotes are taken away to prevent them from changing channels. When the Dish contracts are up, the EQ is being pulled in favor of DirecTV.

Mike, I'm in Phoenix. What restaurant/chain is this?? I use to go to the bar... ALOT, when I worked for Dish.... And one thing they did was have the waiters and managers change the channels at the customers request or if needed... They had approx 15 TV's and were using both Dish and DTV as their providers. You can verify at the NNY in Phoenix... This was never a problem.

Is this a Hopper? Never has there been a problem with my VIP receivers in this regard. If it is recording it does not update at that time. Beyond that, my receivers always come back to the same channel they were on unless it is a channel not available when they come on. (Like an HD RSN or TVJapan etc)

Mike, I'm in Phoenix. What restaurant/chain is this?? I use to go to the bar... ALOT, when I worked for Dish.... And one thing they did was have the waiters and managers change the channels at the customers request or if needed... They had approx 15 TV's and were using both Dish and DTV as their providers. You can verify at the NNY in Phoenix... This was never a problem.
It's fast food and not in Phoenix (I work in several different regions). Remotes tend to get lost and when someone isn't accustomed to the Dish remotes, it can be a bit confusing. We prefer not to allow people to change channels since we typically have ESPN/CNN running just as background info for the customers. The environment does not need live sports or changes based on customer request. Would be best if the boxes did not shut down automatically, or at least give an option (like DirecTV does) to leave the box on.

Omg. Really? Seriously? Can't turn them back on and to the right channel?
Some people really are too dumb to have Dish.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: lfp302 and KAB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)