24" DISH, Y yoke and DPP..help!

ilyo3

Original poster
Sep 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
I have a 24" dish with the standard dual LNB. I bought a Y yoke and Dish Pro Plus LNB. I went to install and realized the Y yoke does not fit on the arm of a 24" Dish...it only seems to fit on an 18" Dish. Is there anyway to convert a 24" dish into a Y set-up for a DPP as I prefer the larger dish to prevent rain fade?

Any help would be apprecaited.

thanks.

a hack saw and a welder would work, you can find the normal 20inch diameter dish easily, rain fade can be minimized with fine tuning the dish.

hack saw and welder??..the yoke is plastic?

So here is another question...I have an 18" Dish, is the arm transferable to the 24" and can then receive 110 and 119?

only way to know is to find out, most likely its not as dish doesnt use a 24 inch dish, 18 and 20 are the sizes dish uses. The arm on the 18 inch dish is straight on 3 sides and crescent shaped along the top side, this is because the single and dual lnbfs are shaped the same way where they meet up to the dish arm and the Y bracket so even if it did fit on a 24 inch dish the Y bracket would not work.

Where are you that the small increase in signal would actually matter?

P.S. I wish ALL the newbies would PLEASE add their location to their profile. :(

!

I am in Toronto, so I am well within signal strength. I only have an 18" DISH and a 24" DISH and I do not believe you can get 2 sat's with an 18"..I heard the minimum is 20"..so that is why I bought the Y yoke and DPP LNB and am trying to make it work with the 24" DISH. Any help would be appreciated!

Before anyone flames me on living in Canada..I sub just like you... :)

Van said:
most likely its not as dish doesnt use a 24 inch dish, 18 and 20 are the sizes dish uses.

Dish offered to sell me a 24" dish to help pickup Spotbeams, I'm on border line area.

If you have 2 dp duals with a dp or better receiver just find a dp 21 sw to combine the 2 signal, than you don't need a y bracket, what receiver do you have? this would probably be cheaper as well

Yes, but then I would have 4 coax running to get 1 dual tuner receiver to work. If i can get 1 dpp on y yoke to work, I would then get 110 and 119 from 1 coax going in and using the seperator before the receiver...that is why I am soo interested in getting this to work!

All help is appreciated...

i would strongly suggest getting a 20" dish and DPP Twin and try that first, if you need addt'l strength for 119 just take the skew out of the 20" pt at 110 and bring your 119 cable into it

Frostwolf said:
Dish offered to sell me a 24" dish to help pickup Spotbeams, I'm on border line area.

It may be a special order item then, in the past Dish had a 24 inch dish but this was around 7 years ago if Im correct, dish doesnt even send us the 18 inch dishe's anymore so if your getting a single sat we use the dish 500 with a yoke adapter to fit a dual lnbf on the arm.

Okay turns out I had an old Direct TV 20" Dish with the correct arm. Got the Y adapter installed, hooked up to DPP LNB then connected to seperator and put both lines into my DISH 322. Problem is I can't seem to get a signal and was trying for quite some time. Noticed the Dish is a standard 20" Dish...only has Azimith settings and elevation...do I require I true DISH 500 20" dish??

As of last month our office in NV had several new in box 24" dish kits. It seems the Eastern CA area around Bishop is in the LA DMA but nearly outside the LA DMA spotbeam coverage. I was also told the 24" dishes are used on some commercial installs.

ilyo3 said:
Okay turns out I had an old Direct TV 20" Dish with the correct arm. Got the Y adapter installed, hooked up to DPP LNB then connected to seperator and put both lines into my DISH 322. Problem is I can't seem to get a signal and was trying for quite some time. Noticed the Dish is a standard 20" Dish...only has Azimith settings and elevation...do I require I true DISH 500 20" dish??

Yep, without the skew adjustment you wont see the two sats correctly, they will be along the horizon like this

o

...............o

while your dish without the skew adjustment wants to see them like this

o......o

Well I have an 18", a 20" and 24" dish and I can't use any of them...haha...my luck. So I will go get myself a DISH 500 20" Dish with the skew.

Thanks everyone for all your help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts