25Mbps required to stream content from DVR to PC?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

erico

Original poster
Nov 4, 2009
Kentucky
Looked at my network interfaces last night while I was streaming 720p from my HR24 to my PC. It showed 25mbps. That seems like a lot to me. I am going to play with it tonight and graph my utilization playing different types of content, SD, and 1080P VOD. This thing is like having a new toy.

On my HR21, it varies between 3-30 Mbps depending on content. The 30 figure is when it is trying to buffer or catch up after errors.

On my HR21, it varies between 3-30 Mbps depending on content. The 30 figure is when it is trying to buffer or catch up after errors.

Cool. I am eager to see what 1080P content does. I didn't beleive folks when they said 802.11G wasn't enough. You need a beast of a machine to run it too, apparently.

Cool. I am eager to see what 1080P content does. I didn't beleive folks when they said 802.11G wasn't enough. You need a beast of a machine to run it too, apparently.

I don't know how people do it via wireless as it really is a bandwidth hog. I live in an older brick house which I'm sure is causing interference but 100MPS hardwired is the only way I can handle the exchange of shows. It's too bad DTV limits the amount of your download speed on their VOD's because it's really pathetic on 1080p downloads.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)