266 ever coming to 811

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chastulsa

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 4, 2003
Again, Dish is delayed in fixing the broke HD box. Any new ETA's???

chastulsa said:
Again, Dish is delayed in fixing the broke HD box. Any new ETA's???

Dish said 266 would be released sometime in April. There is still a week left. I would rather they took their time and got it right rather than ......Uh! :eek: this is Dish; what am I saying? :eek:

NightRyder

I spoke with Omar in the executive office on Monday and he said "the dark video fix is due by April 30th." Take it with a grain of salt....

StevenD said:
I spoke with Omar in the executive office on Monday and he said "the dark video fix is due by April 30th." Take it with a grain of salt....
Interesting comment given that there is a thread claiming that the dark video is a hardware issue and cannot be fixed by software. Will be interesting how this one plays out.

StevenD said:

So now they are saying it is going to be fixed by April 30th. A month ago they said it would be fixed by March 30th. Sounds like they don't have a clue what to do about it.

Talked to Technical support CSR this morning about the dark video,she
said s/w 266 was to correct it end of this month or early in May.Thing
is her tone of voice got kind of nervous when I mentioned that the internet
was saying it was a hardware problem and not software,so we'll see.

sprite1741 said:
So now they are saying it is going to be fixed by April 30th. A month ago they said it would be fixed by March 30th. Sounds like they don't have a clue what to do about it.
At least they didn't say "April 31st" :eek: like a flyer I got in the mail recently.

I hope....

The 266 better not screw up my picture quality. What I have now is perfect. Once I fine tuned my TV, everything looks great.

Will 266 fix the fuzzy SD picture? I have a 508 and 811 attached to the same TV. The HD on 811 looks great (attached through DVI) but the SD is very fuzzy compared to the 508 (attached through svideo).

slusig said:
Will 266 fix the fuzzy SD picture? I have a 508 and 811 attached to the same TV. The HD on 811 looks great (attached through DVI) but the SD is very fuzzy compared to the 508 (attached through svideo).

508 through svideo is using the TV scaler while the 811 through DVI is using the 811s scaler. Might want to try the 811 through svideo at 480p and compare so you compare apples with apples. however at the moment the 811's svideo is very dark and not a good test. What you describe here is not an apples to apples and with SD I would expect it to look better since the TV should have a better scaler if it is a high end TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)