2700 software version upgrade

TPnMD

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2004
I have an old 2700 model I pulled out and activated. I noticed the sofeware version is P834 and nees to be 861P. I've never seend this before, but I got a screen that says "Attention There is a new, free system upgrade available. Do you wish to have it downloaded into your reciever? NOTE. This software download will take 5 to 10 minutes! YES - CANCEL - NO"

I've completed this three times and it went through perfectly, but everytime, the software is still P834. One thing I'm concerned about is I'm actually missing two Sky Angel radio channels on this receiver only, 9764 and 9770. My other reciever has these channels.

I'm at a loss, called DISH they tell me the to upgrade the software I need to turn off the receiver for 30 minutes. Did that and no dice. When I actually turned it back on, I had the above message asking me if I wanted to accept the download. I have my system upgrades screen on "Without my permission" and have also completed a check switch per DISH tech instruction.

Anyone?

Have you turned if off using the front panel? I know on mine that is what I have to do if I want it to get the latest software. I usually leave it off overnite and it's ready in the morning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)