2800 with DP32 switch and Dish 1000

mark49

Original poster
Apr 12, 2006
I just had a dish 1000 installed with a 211, 508 and 2800 receivers. I was told by my installer that I would need a dish pro adapter to operate the 2800 receiver. The 211 and 508 work great. When I installed the dish pro adapter the 2800 will not recognize the DP32 switch after running the check switch. Any help?

My sister has the same setup, you have to play with the marked sats located on one of the installation screens. I just don't recall the exact setup at the moment. I can try to stop by her place and check it tomorrow if you can't get it on your own.

Maybe you mean DP 34 switch? What information is on the check switch screen after you run it?

How do you have the adapter installed? (how did you hook the lines up to it).

Have you tried unplugging it for a few minutes and then trying the check switch again?

After that, try unhooking the satellite feed and running a check switch, then hooking it back up and running it again.

I don't remember anything different you have to do in the installation screen in order for this to work. It should just work.

Nor do I remember what the check switch will read after the adapter is installed. It might not come back as a DP34 switch(since the receiver was made before DP equipment was ever thought of). I just don't remember.

Does it recognize both satellites?

If the DP Adapter is hooked up correctly the 2800 will show being hooked to a SW64 switch after the check switch is run.

Roadwarrior said:
Maybe you mean DP 34 switch? Yes. What information is on the check switch screen after you run it?
119 even and odd and no switch detected

How do you have the adapter installed? (how did you hook the lines up to it).
Just as marked on adapter.

Have you tried unplugging it for a few minutes and then trying the check switch again? Yes.

After that, try unhooking the satellite feed and running a check switch, then hooking it back up and running it again.
Tried that.

I don't remember anything different you have to do in the installation screen in order for this to work. It should just work.

Nor do I remember what the check switch will read after the adapter is installed. It might not come back as a DP34 switch(since the receiver was made before DP equipment was ever thought of). I just don't remember.

Does it recognize both satellites?
Only 119

If i'm not mistaken, the 2800 matrix screen allows for 3 sat, 4 sat, and full. Much like having to select SuperDish on a DP receiver. If your shows a check box option, select 3 sat if looking at 3 Satellites. The end result should be a switch ID of SW64. It is possible that the DP adapter is defective, or you may have a bad barrell in-line to the switch from the 2800 or RG-59 in-line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)