2H/1J Install (My tech's first) All GOOD

LER

Supporter / Pub Member / Server Weenie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2003
Round Rock, TX US
Given that I had read all the stories here over the last few days, I was ready for this. Had him hook up one duo Node, and the 2Hoppers and 1Joey, each one separately. No Muss/No Fuss.

Really like the new interface, and the speed!

Can't wait for hopper integration!

Good Job Dish, and DIRT!

Good to know that a 2 Hopper 1 Joey configuration is possible even though I have been told 3 different times that it is not. I will just keep trying!

Such a huge cluster ....! So I got a 2H/1J install set up for tomorrow. Did it through chat and confirmed everything. Receive the confirmation email and it says 2H/2J. Called in and was transferred to a supervisor who corrected it. Received a confirmation email with the correct info: 2H/1J. About 45 minutes ago, I get an email saying my order has been cancelled. I call in and it still says I have an appointment for tomorrow. While talking to a CSR I get a new confirmation email that shows 2H/2J again.

Ask for a supervisor, talk to her. she says everyone before has lied to me and that what I'm requesting is impossible. I point out the reports on this site and that I received a confirmation email of 2h/1J and hangs up on me saying she's not going to spend all day arguing with me. Keep in mind that she left me with no info as to the status of my install tomorrow.

At this point, I'm pissed. I call back and ask for a supervisor. Explain everything and she transfers to me the executive resolution team. The gentleman there tries to convince me that what I want is really 1H/2J and that I can record something and still have live tv on all three tvs with only one Hopper. I counted tuners for him and pointed out that impossibility. He kept on insisting that it was possible. He then stated that the only way to get a second Hopper was to request 4 Joeys and that that was what my work order was set for. At that point I about lost it. I didn't realize the executive team was there to make the situation even worse. It was also laughable the way he kept on confusing tuners with outlets.

I can deal with honest mistakes, but to say something that extreme and that clearly wrong is unacceptable. At that point I asked him what I was charged the $200 for. He claimed it was $100 upgrade fee and $100 for the single Hopper. I told him I had the chat log that said otherwise, he put me on hold and then came back and admitted it was for two Hoppers. At that point I asked him what the work order said. He said 2H/2J. After all the run-around, I decided to end the call. The way it was going, the only way to get two Hoppers on the work order would have been requesting 4 Joeys.

I'm going to deal with this tomorrow, once the technician is here. Hopefully he'll install 2H/1J. But, if he needs to go 2H/2J, I'll let him and once it's done, I'll be calling Dish and asking for a box to return a Joey.

A need for more than three tuners does not equal a need for more than three outlets.

dangue said:
Such a huge cluster ....! So I got a 2H/1J install set up for tomorrow. Did it through chat and confirmed everything. Receive the confirmation email and it says 2H/2J. Called in and was transferred to a supervisor who corrected it. Received a confirmation email with the correct info: 2H/1J. About 45 minutes ago, I get an email saying my order has been cancelled. I call in and it still says I have an appointment for tomorrow. While talking to a CSR I get a new confirmation email that shows 2H/2J again.

Ask for a supervisor, talk to her. she says everyone before has lied to me and that what I'm requesting is impossible. I point out the reports on this site and that I received a confirmation email of 2h/1J and hangs up on me saying she's not going to spend all day arguing with me. Keep in mind that she left me with no info as to the status of my install tomorrow.

At this point, I'm pissed. I call back and ask for a supervisor. Explain everything and she transfers to me the executive resolution team. The gentleman there tries to convince me that what I want is really 1H/2J and that I can record something and still have live tv on all three tvs with only one Hopper. I counted tuners for him and pointed out that impossibility. He kept on insisting that it was possible. He then stated that the only way to get a second Hopper was to request 4 Joeys and that that was what my work order was set for. At that point I about lost it. I didn't realize the executive team was there to make the situation even worse. It was also laughable the way he kept on confusing tuners with outlets.

I can deal with honest mistakes, but to say something that extreme and that clearly wrong is unacceptable. At that point I asked him what I was charged the $200 for. He claimed it was $100 upgrade fee and $100 for the single Hopper. I told him I had the chat log that said otherwise, he put me on hold and then came back and admitted it was for two Hoppers. At that point I asked him what the work order said. He said 2H/2J. After all the run-around, I decided to end the call. I'm going to deal with this tomorrow, once the technician is here. Hopefully he'll install 2H/1J. But, if he needs to go 2H/2J, I'll let him and once it's done, I'll be calling Dish and asking for a box to return a Joey.

A need for more than three tuners does not equal a need for more than three outlets.

Welcome to my world! I have had the same experience as you.

Agreed. Your story is exactly why I've still be hesitant to pull the trigger until a few more people confirm they have this setup. Plus I can't really do it until next weekend anyway. Keep us updated.

And the hits keep on coming. I just tried the living room 722K and it is completely de-authorized. I checked on my online account and my owned receiver isn't even listed there anymore. Incompetence? Spite? Whatever it is, this is getting well past the point of ridiculousness. Hope my PM to MattG from DIRT will get this resolved promptly. I'd really rather not call in again today.

And the hits keep on coming. I just tried the living room 722K and it is completely de-authorized. I checked on my online account and my owned receiver isn't even listed there anymore. Incompetence? Spite? Whatever it is, this is getting well past the point of ridiculousness. Hope my PM to MattG from DIRT will get this resolved promptly. I'd really rather not call in again today.

Thank you for calling DISH , how can I screw humph Help you sir? More stories like this and I see their positive 22,000 subs for last quarter going down to the negative numbers. I would call the ceo resolution department tomorrow and rant my ass off if I were you. Then If they didn't offer me exactly what I was told I would get the first time, I would churn. It is all about the new subs for DISH. Seems Existing subs are expendable, if the way their customer service has been treating not only you, but others and their stories are to be believed.:confused:

Same thing with me. I was able to order a two Hooper/1 Joey set up for installation on Tuesday. Later I got an email that stated the irder was for two Hoppers and two Joeys. I am wondering, can I just refuse one of the Joeys when the technician comes out for the install.? My other thought was: Is it possible to install a Hopper and a Joey on the same TV, each hooked into a separate HDMI port? That way I can essentially have one of the Hoppers communicate with the TV that has the other Hopper. Once they activate the software that allows for the two Hoppers to communicate to each other I can cancel out the extra Joey.

Weird but should work. I don't need the two Joeys they made me take so I might do this just to play with a Joey until I send it back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)