2nd Dish install problem. Advice? Long...

Mike_Post

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2003
I've been going round & round with Dish & Antenna Star since November to get my 2nd dish for the expanded local channels.

The claim is Antenna star has been without the required parts (SW64?), but never bother to call & reschedule. I always have to call DISH, to find out why Antenna Star did not show up.

On 3/9, I called the 866-443-5162 #, and spoke with a rep who was extrememly sympathetic, and even gave me a $25 credit on my bill. He said he spoke with Antenna Star, and they would put the equipment aside, just for my install...

The FIFTH installation attempt was scheduled for today, 3/19, between 8 & 12.

The wife took the day off of work, and around 11:00 called the 333-DISH # to verify someone was still scheduled. CSR said: "I'm sorry, but it looks like your appointment was rescheduled to April 11th."

I called the 866-443-5162 # again, and spoke to the same guy from the incident on the 9th, and he said he would look into it for me.

What should I do at this point?

My initial 1 year contract ends on 4/13, and the Wife is asking if we can switch back to cable. :no

FWIW, The main reason I want the extra channels is my sister, who lives with us, works for one of the TV stations that we can only get with the 2nd dish.

Thanks for any suggestions, advice in advance

Tell them that if it's not installed by next Friday, you will be filing a complaint with the FCC. I'd bet Dish would Fed-Ex any needed parts and have your install completed ASAP.

mikew said:
Tell them that if it's not installed by next Friday, you will be filing a complaint with the FCC. I'd bet Dish would Fed-Ex any needed parts and have your install completed ASAP.

Actually, just heard from DISH again...

They are sending the part, DP32, overnight, to my house.

They re-scheduled, yet again, with Antenna Star for Thursday.

Guess we'll see how it goes.

Are DP32's that scarce?? Antenna Star has been claiming they have not had any in stock since november. Weird.

Thanks for the suggestion.

same here

same thing happened to me. I got a 811 and DishPro switch. The second dish does not work with them. A legacy switch is needed. The problem is the installer has no clue about what they are doing. Show up twice without the right switch. After the third attemp, I sent dish packing.
Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)