2nd Hopper question

356B

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 22, 2010
Northern California
Hello,
I have a two Hopper one Joey system. Am I correct in thinking the two Hoppers are not capable of inter-reacting at this time? When I access "network setup" (Whole Home) I see "Current Location" (Hopper), a linked Joey and a Unlinked Hopper, is this what I should be seeing?The installers had the system up and running a 3 hours, but they had never done a two Hopper system and were a little unfamiliar. They have installed a duo node, the Hopper and Joey on that side both are showing linked. The second hopper is visible but not linked (showing "unlinked").

This feature will be usable after a future software update. No they can't be linked at this time.

Hello,
I have a two Hopper one Joey system. Am I correct in thinking the two Hoppers are not capable of inter-reacting at this time? When I access "network setup" (Whole Home) I see "Current Location" (Hopper), a linked Joey and a Unlinked Hopper, is this what I should be seeing?The installers had the system up and running a 3 hours, but they had never done a two Hopper system and were a little unfamiliar. They have installed a duo node, the Hopper and Joey on that side both are showing linked. The second hopper is visible but not linked (showing "unlinked").

What you are seeing is normal. When you on on the Joey and look at the whole-home menu screen you will see the other Hopper there as unlinked. You can select that Hopper for your Joey to view if you want to. The Joey has acces to both Hoppers but the Hoppers can not see each other yet.

What you are seeing is normal. When you on on the Joey and look at the whole-home menu screen you will see the other Hopper there as unlinked. You can select that Hopper for your Joey to view if you want to. The Joey has acces to both Hoppers but the Hoppers can not see each other yet.
Thank you, I'll let the installers know also.

You can select that Hopper for your Joey to view if you want to. The Joey has acces to both Hoppers but the Hoppers can not see each other yet.
How do you select another Hopper for the Joey?. Also for the 3rd tuner to show up on the Hopper in "TV viewing status" does the Joey have to be on? With it off I got two program options and one "available", with on I get 3 program options, is this correct?

356B said:
How do you select another Hopper for the Joey?. Also for the 3rd tuner to show up on the Hopper in "TV viewing status" does the Joey have to be on? With it off I got two program options and one "available", with on I get 3 program options, is this correct?

You go Settings-Network-WholeHome on the Joey. No the Joey does not have to be on. You can use all 3 tuners wherever you want.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Forum Runner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)