2nd remote a piece of junk

HCI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 19, 2005
land of the ice and snow
I hate dealing with the 2nd remote with the 322's and 625's.

When The customer has a entertainment center with all there junk in it and they want the reciever in there with all the junk I always seem to have problems with the 2nd remote.

A guy called me yesterday and said hes would not work in the room of the tv was in but would work in the next room.

I just installed it the day before and now I have to go back out there on my time and try to fix it.

Any ideas to try to fix this piece of junk.

If I am reading you correctly, you are saying the remote fot TV@ will not work in the room that the TV is located?? If that is the case, how far away is the reciver from the room where TV2 is located??? You may want to try connecting the TV2 antennae to a coax jumper, seems to work for me. I have a five foot jumper on mine at my house and the coax is taped to the back of my TV, the remore works roughly 200 feet out in the garage.

Advice 1
Reman remote or receiver with TV2 remote addresse not set back to default imo. See what the remote addresse for TV2 is using the TV1 system info screen and sequence the TV2 remote again to that addresse incase it wasn't reset to factory defaults (Happens all the time, commonly mistaken as a DOA receiver)

Advice 2
Readjust and make sure the antenna is tight, if it is then throw it away and just use a 5" coax cable with a single fitting on one end and about 2" of stinger hanging out the other side. Don't ask me how but I've seen some antennas not work due to factory defect that causes the central connection to ground out on the receiver itself.

The best solution to this is to move the antenna to the room where the 2nd tv is at. I always check to make sure the remote works perfect, if it aks funny at all I will move it to where the tv is.

Just use two spliters. At the back of the receiver combine the TV2 output and the antenna with small pieces of coax to one splitter. Where the TV2 is located take the other splitter and connect one side to the TV and plug the antenna into the other. It works every time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)