2nd Replacement Receiver - Constantly Restarts

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chunchma

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 27, 2004
Milford, New Jersey
I just got a second replacement VIP622 receiver that has started to go through endless cycles of restarting. It worked fine for a couple of weeks and then out of nowhere, just goes through cycle after cycle of restarting. The lights on the front of the unit go on and off and sometimes it actually starts working. Then it starts all over again...

My original unit never did this and the reason I sent it back was because the HDMI port wasn't working.

But now that I've had two replacement units that are doing the same thing, I'm starting to wonder what is happening in my house that would cause this.

Bad surge protector --- some electrical problem --- anything else ?

I know it's impossible to diagnose a problem with this one msg but any ideas would be appreciated.

I plan to call Dish Network and see if they'll send someone to check it out on site instead of just sending a replacement receiver.

I just got a second replacement VIP622 receiver that has started to go through endless cycles of restarting. It worked fine for a couple of weeks and then out of nowhere, just goes through cycle after cycle of restarting. The lights on the front of the unit go on and off and sometimes it actually starts working. Then it starts all over again...

My original unit never did this and the reason I sent it back was because the HDMI port wasn't working.

But now that I've had two replacement units that are doing the same thing, I'm starting to wonder what is happening in my house that would cause this.

Bad surge protector --- some electrical problem --- anything else ?

I know it's impossible to diagnose a problem with this one msg but any ideas would be appreciated.

I plan to call Dish Network and see if they'll send someone to check it out on site instead of just sending a replacement receiver.

Sounds like it might be a heat issue. The 622 and 722's have been known to run extremely hot. We have had issues with reboots and with HDMI on our 722 and when we do stuff to increase air flow the problems seem to go away. Where do you have your 622??? If it is enclosed, is it possible to get it into the open or put a laptop cooler on it to see if that helps????

Just some thoughts,
Geoff

Thx for the response. The first replacement was inside an entertainment center. I thought that might have created a heat issue. This replacement is sitting on top of the entertainment center with nothing at all around it.

Maybe I'll try the laptop cooler idea...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)