3/2/2009 6:05pm - Uplink Activity Report - 4 changes

D

DigiSAT Uplink Report

Original poster
SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 3/2/2009 6:05pm - 4 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 03/02/2009 05:34P - 03/02/2009 06:05P

Channel Package Flag Changes:
403 - NHLN [MPEG2 SD] - EchoStar11 110W TP 19 ConUS beam changed package flags (A)
403 - NHLN [MPEG4 SD] - Echostar6 72.7W TP 19 ConUS beam changed package flags (A)
9540(403) - NHLN [MPEG4 HD] - Ciel-2 129W TP 30 ConUS beam changed package flags (A)
9540(403) - NHLN [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar3 61.5W TP 02 ConUS beam changed package flags (A)

Channels in the system: 6498
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available
(H) = Hidden from non-subscribers

I just love how NHLN goes off and on, off and on. Then MPEG4 change. Its like, what the puck? Either put it or not. Some of us want to see NEW national HD programming, or even homo friendly programming. But that would probably be a cold day in hell before that will ever HAPPEN.

This has nothing to do with Dish. NHL Network is doing a free preview to all providers for the trade deadline stuff this week..

Ya, unlike other pro sports where maybe a handful of trades goes down on deadline day, the NHL trade deadline has seen 20+ trades made the last few years and is considered a big day for the league... I wonder if NHL Network is going to be picking up a Canadian feed or doing their own...

I would have guessed they would have used TSN, but from the looks of there tv schedule it shows them doing a NHL on the fly deadline special. NHL on the fly is one of there game highlight shows that they do nightly. But then again it starts at 3pm ET, which is when the trade deadline ends! So who knows?

TV Listings - The NHL Network

My guess then is that the offical home of the NHL doesn't want to do a show based on rumors and will wait until 3pm when everything is offical... seems counter productive to me...

I would have guessed they would have used TSN, but from the looks of there tv schedule it shows them doing a NHL on the fly deadline special. NHL on the fly is one of there game highlight shows that they do nightly. But then again it starts at 3pm ET, which is when the trade deadline ends! So who knows?

TV Listings - The NHL Network

NHL Network and NHL on the Fly are products of TSN. Basically the only actually U.S. produced content is the daily NHL Live Show at noon from the NHL Store in NY.

Anyways when comparing the nhl and nfl networks; IMHO the NHL Network blows the NFL Network out of the water. On the nhl network on the fly; they will do live cut ins to ongoning games, where you will never see that on Sunday afternoon during the NFL season on the NFL Network.

NHL Network and NHL on the Fly are products of TSN. Basically the only actually U.S. produced content is the daily NHL Live Show at noon from the NHL Store in NY.

Anyways when comparing the nhl and nfl networks; IMHO the NHL Network blows the NFL Network out of the water. On the nhl network on the fly; they will do live cut ins to ongoning games, where you will never see that on Sunday afternoon during the NFL season on the NFL Network.
That's why I like the NBA's channel so much as well. On any given night, you can tune to that channel to take many look-ins on games around the country, and many times they will let you watch the last 2-3 exciting minutes of a good game. When they do broadcast a full game, it is a pleasant bonus.

national HD

I expect the new national HD programming, if any, will start between tomorrow, Wednesday and next Monday's Charlie chat. That way Charlie and jim can pat each other on the back for the New Programming and all the HD channels. lol.

Ron

I expect the new national HD programming, if any, will start between tomorrow, Wednesday and next Monday's Charlie chat. That way Charlie and jim can pat each other on the back for the New Programming and all the HD channels. lol.

Ron

Nope. They'll just crank out the "soon" PowerPoint slides containing multiple yet-to-be-launched HD channels followed by the recently launched and soon-to-be-launched locals, then pat themselves on the back while realizing that the little "Channel availability may change without notice" disclaimer at the bottom of the slides is the only truth to the majority of them.

Ron

Yeah, I think you're probably right. But I wouldn't be too surprised if you're wrong. I certainly expected more national HD in February than Fox News, Fox Business, and CI--but I was wrong. Real wrong.:p:)

Y'all have a good day now.

Fitzie