3/21/2012 3:47pm - Uplink Activity Report - 66 changes

no i did not request Reelz HD i think Reelz will be full time this time.Hey scott thanks for the update on smithsonian HD i wish someone would turn that channel on.

476 - SPORT [MPEG4 HD] added to Anik F3 118.7W TP 32 ConUS beam (Pay Per View Sports & Events) (NA)

Never knew 118 did HD. This looks like HD Cricket coming to Dish as PPV. Isin't this the first off's on 118 HD's?

Once upon a time (about 4 years ago) Dish used to have some HD locals on 118.7 (those of course have been moved to other sats) so no this isn't the 1st time HD has come off of that sat. I just wish they would start adding some international channels in HD.

when will the MLB Network Alternate feed on 5450/5451 get a map down to 153. will it be tomorrow or when the MLB season starts.

i think the reason why Dish did without the MLB Network Alternate feed back in September when Dish finally got MLB Network is because the season was almost over when Dish finally got MLB Network. and back then, their was no rush as they had to figure out what channels needed to move to new channel locations to make room for it. and now we are about to be one step closer to having MLB Network's alternate feed on 153 after they moved CBS Sports Network to it's new home on 158 to make room for MLB Network's new home on 152.

WTF.. SD?

Univision you idiots...:rolleyes:

Univision Deportes does not exist yet.... It launches on Sat. 4-7-12 exclusively on DISH..... Uplink Report on that Saturday, perhaps ?.... The channel IS in HD, as they've been promoting it as HD on Univision, TeleFutura, and Galavision....

The question is whether DISH will pick it up in HD since Day One (4-7-12).... Hopefully, we'll see the HD version in future Uplink Reports where the HD channel should show up in the 270-275 range and not in the 800's since Univision Deportes-HD will be in America's Top 200 (as well as DISH Latino), so it will be widely available.....

Once upon a time (about 4 years ago) Dish used to have some HD locals on 118.7 (those of course have been moved to other sats) so no this isn't the 1st time HD has come off of that sat. I just wish they would start adding some international channels in HD.

Finally someone has the same type of request. I made a request twice till date for some internationals in HD.

Univision Deportes does not exist yet.... It launches on Sat. 4-7-12 exclusively on DISH..... Uplink Report on that Saturday, perhaps ?.... The channel IS in HD, as they've been promoting it as HD on Univision, TeleFutura, and Galavision....

The question is whether DISH will pick it up in HD since Day One (4-7-12).... Hopefully, we'll see the HD version in future Uplink Reports where the HD channel should show up in the 270-275 range and not in the 800's since Univision Deportes-HD will be in America's Top 200 (as well as DISH Latino), so it will be widely available.....

Both channels are in SD, while the 823 channel looks like its being pulled from a HD feed with different graphics.

Here are some screen shots. They are currently airing Handball (which I have never seen before)

Attachments

• ud1.jpg
    ud1.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 228
  • ud2.jpg
    ud2.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 229
Both channels are in SD, while the 823 channel looks like its being pulled from a HD feed with different graphics.

Here are some screen shots. They are currently airing Handball (which I have never seen before)

Thanks, Scott for the screen shots... This must be Univision's internal test signal before the channel goes "live" on Sat. 4-7-12.... All the promos/commercials on the air say that it launches on 4-7-12 with Mexican League Live Soccer that afternoon.... And Univision Deportes Dos (2) will be available exclusively only on DISH....

DISH scored a "coup" on DirecTV (the "sports leader") with this carriage ....

476 - SPORT [MPEG4 HD] added to Anik F3 118.7W TP 32 ConUS beam (Pay Per View Sports & Events) (NA)

Never knew 118 did HD. This looks like HD Cricket coming to Dish as PPV. Isin't this the first off's on 118 HD's?

Clearly, it can support HD. Once upon a time, before 129 was flying, 118 was used to provide HD locals to St. Louis, Pittsburgh and a handful of other cities. It worked fine but required the special dish that could pull in it's signal.

I just logged into my account and went to the Order PPV, and they have "Cricket: IPL 2012 All Inclusive Package HD" for $59.99, whereas the SD version is $49.99. So it looks like that is what it is for.

That's going to make some people very happy!