3 HBO channels showed up in my guide

yomama

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 5, 2004
Atlanta (swburbs)
Just noticed 303, 304 and 305 active in my guide....I do not sub to HBO...all other HBO channels are not active....is there a partial freebie going on

:confused:

It was done to help promote "Empire Boardwalk" Sunday night which HBO hopes will be their next Sopranos.

Most HBO shows ultimately are available on i-tunes at $1.99 SD or 2.99 HD per eps. shortly after they are show on TV. Might be a delay with "Empire" but if you can wait you can save.

So, let's see, $2.99 an episode times four equals about $12 a month. For $4 extra, you get the entire channel for that month.

They are talking new episodes per month. I dont think there will be 11 new episodes per month.
His point was it would cost $33.00 just to watch Boardwalk as opposed to having all of HBO for 3 months for $48.00.

HBOFM HD and HBO-W Unlocked all week

Just noticed 303, 304 and 305 active in my guide....I do not sub to HBO...all other HBO channels are not active....is there a partial freebie going on

:confused:

On my guide HBOFM HD and HBO-W HD are unlocked all week, while HBO2W is locked after Monday. I was able to schedule a recording for Wednesday on HBO-W. Has Dish added 2 new new new HD channels to the 250 or platium package. Guess I'll find out on Tuesday.

Last edited:
True Blood final episode just on HBO2

Who needs HBO to watch the latest series???? Get another HBO subscriber to record it or wait for the season to come out.

That new show contain intense footage. Expect SC on the content.

True Blood final episode just on HBO2

Who needs HBO to watch the latest series???? Get another HBO subscriber to record it or wait for the season to come out.

That new show contain intense footage. Expect SC on the content.

Yeah, you can expect a lot of sexual content on most of HBO's original series. That's all part of it's mystique..... ;)

Pretty neat that HBO showed up RIGHT after my 3 free months of HBO expired... More movies to record :D .

On my guide HBOFM HD and HBO-W HD are unlocked all week, while HBO2W is locked after Monday. I was able to schedule a recording for Wednesday on HBO-W. Has Dish added 2 new new new HD channels to the 250 or platium package. Guess I'll find out on Tuesday.

Im pretty sure those HD feeds will go away as well when the standard feeds go away,,,:cool:

Darn, missed it! I was out of town most of last week, and didn't check this forum until today. I wonder if in the future a sticky heads up about free previews could be posted?

Darn, missed it! I was out of town most of last week, and didn't check this forum until today. I wonder if in the future a sticky heads up about free previews could be posted?
You could always look at channel 102.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)