3 issues with recording sports teams - DIRT?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

buist

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 20, 2004
I have found 3 issues with the recording of sports teams. I am not sure what the best way is to report this since they all are easily reproduced. I don't know if DIRT monitors these threads and if so can bump this up to where it needs to go. Here are the issues:

1. I have timers setup to record different sports teams (Manchester United for example). The timer records many of the programs twice because there is a spanish channel that also airs the game. I end up with many duplicates (because it happens with Manchester United, FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, etc. every week). I can delete the programs, but it would be nice if it there was an option to ignore the spanish language broadcast (make it an option so that it wouldn't interfere with someone that wants the spanish language version).

2. None of the timers I have for Premier League Teams work when the games are on the Premier League Extra Time Channels (875-880). Everton and Manchester City both were aired on these channels (which I get), but the timers do not see the channels, so I have to search every week to manually record these games (which defeats the whole point of a timer for a sports team).

3. It is impossible to create a timer for Liverpool FC. I can search and see the team listed (and select it). When I select "record all games", the timer creation fails (exact error message is "Timer Creation Failed 1281"). It also displays "Timer creation failed. Please try back later". I can tell each time I do this that the timer will fail, because if I try to immediately change the timer, the timer defaults are different from a normal team search. Ordinarily, the default for a team search is to end 60 minutes later, but when I try to create a timer for Liverpool FC, it defaults to the normal end for a regular TV program - which I have set to 3 minutes late.

Anyone have any suggestions on the best way to get these issues reported (and fixed)?

Thanks,
Tim

I have found 3 issues with the recording of sports teams. I am not sure what the best way is to report this since they all are easily reproduced. I don't know if DIRT monitors these threads and if so can bump this up to where it needs to go. Here are the issues:

1. I have timers setup to record different sports teams (Manchester United for example). The timer records many of the programs twice because there is a spanish channel that also airs the game. I end up with many duplicates (because it happens with Manchester United, FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, etc. every week). I can delete the programs, but it would be nice if it there was an option to ignore the spanish language broadcast (make it an option so that it wouldn't interfere with someone that wants the spanish language version).

2. None of the timers I have for Premier League Teams work when the games are on the Premier League Extra Time Channels (875-880). Everton and Manchester City both were aired on these channels (which I get), but the timers do not see the channels, so I have to search every week to manually record these games (which defeats the whole point of a timer for a sports team).

3. It is impossible to create a timer for Liverpool FC. I can search and see the team listed (and select it). When I select "record all games", the timer creation fails (exact error message is "Timer Creation Failed 1281"). It also displays "Timer creation failed. Please try back later". I can tell each time I do this that the timer will fail, because if I try to immediately change the timer, the timer defaults are different from a normal team search. Ordinarily, the default for a team search is to end 60 minutes later, but when I try to create a timer for Liverpool FC, it defaults to the normal end for a regular TV program - which I have set to 3 minutes late.

Anyone have any suggestions on the best way to get these issues reported (and fixed)?

Thanks,
Tim

Hello Tim,

1-There should be a channel option to record only the English or Spanish feed for a sporting event. Are your recording just one and getting two? Can you give me an example of this?

2-The channels that are "off-air" until a game is listed wouldn't be able to have a recording set up automatically, since the Guide doesn't have a program there to flag the DVR to record it.

3- I have tested and was able to set the timer for Manchester FC. I'm not sure what is happening for you. Can you send me a Private message with your account or phone number and 4 digit PIN? I can look into your account specifically to get this issue fixed.

Hello Tim,

1-There should be a channel option to record only the English or Spanish feed for a sporting event. Are your recording just one and getting two? Can you give me an example of this?

2-The channels that are "off-air" until a game is listed wouldn't be able to have a recording set up automatically, since the Guide doesn't have a program there to flag the DVR to record it.

3- I have tested and was able to set the timer for Manchester FC. I'm not sure what is happening for you. Can you send me a Private message with your account or phone number and 4 digit PIN? I can look into your account specifically to get this issue fixed.

SamH,
thank you very much for your help. I will send you a PM with the information you requested. I have a couple of clarifications:

1. I am using a timer to record the teams. This will search all of the channels (sometimes the teams will play on NBC Sports for regular Premier League Games and FS1/FS2 for UEFA or Euroleague games).
2. The Extra Time games get added to the program guide usually on Wednesday or Thursday. I think that there is enough time for the timers to match by the time the games air on Saturday.
3. The timer I am unable to set is for "Liverpool FC", not "Manchester". I suspect that something is not set right for this sports team as it looks correct to begin with but uses the wrong defaults.

Thanks,
Tim

Should I be worried that I haven't received a response from SamH and looking at the staff members that he is not listed (and it looks like a bunch of the DIRT members are listed)? It would be nice if I could get these issues communicated to the right person.

Thanks,
Tim

The "Extra Time Games" have been added now to the guide for Saturday (issue #2 on my list above). The games are:
West Ham vs Middlesbrough
Watford vs Bournemouth
Sunderland vs West Brom

I am confident that seek timers for any of these teams will not record the games because they are on the Extra Time channels (875-880), even though I do receive the channels and can manually record the game in the guide.

Thanks,
Tim

I added a seek time for Watford yesterday to test. It still has not found any matches when I look at the timer schedule (even though the game is listed in the guide).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)